HEB - shopping and empty shelves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HEB - shopping and empty shelves

Questions for the guys here that have been to multiple places other than HEB.

Are all stores empty of tp? And canned goods? and even popcorn etc?

Is there a known distribution problem with some of the products? I ask because I know HEB is a lot busier, with longer hours, during the holidays and they rarely run low on anything. But now they seem to be out of all sorts of items.

I went today and it was the same as last week. About half the check stands open and not many people shopping at all...but shelves empty still.

So I'm trying to see what's going on. Even out of hamburger/hot dog buns that HEB makes themselves.

I'm pretty sure it's not due to hoarding at this point as I didn't see any hoarders this week or last. Maybe it's just my crappy HEB not getting deliveries LOL

In Katy I believe it is because of my wife. I was shoving crap in the refrigerator not less than 30 min ago. Most of which we already had. You can rest easy, I have deleted her instacart app.

Comment

People are panic buying . My little local Heb has done a great job . The last week they have pretty much had everything we needed. Now Thursday-Sunday they might run out of stuff .

Comment

They got beer cases that are a 24 count.

Comment

It was the same at HEB Fulshear. I have gone at 8 in the morning when they first open. Still a decent selection of the stuff I buy but I see lots of empty shelves as well. I was wanting some ice cream and it was wiped out. Im going again first thing in the morning. It will be interesting to see if it is any different a week and a half since my last visit.

Comment

Since this all started, I’ve been to heb twice. Separate locations (I moved, bought a house, great timing right?). Both were very well stocked. Not as full as usual, the only exception is both were almost completely empty of paper towels and toilet paper. Not sure where folks are putting it all

Comment

I have never understood the toilet paper thing. Guess I'm to old to hoard.

Comment

I have been going to Randall’s in lakeway by my office. If I get there early enough they have toilet paper. Everyone in line has tp though. This crap is getting irritating. I’m not hording but I have a wife and three teenage girls. TP is a staple!

Comment

Originally posted by KenWood View Post
                  I have been going to Randall’s in lakeway by my office. If I get there early enough they have toilet paper. Everyone in line has tp though. This crap is getting irritating. I’m not hording but I have a wife and three teenage girls. TP is a staple!
                  I had a couple elderly relatives that were running low on TP and couldnt find it around them. Neither will drive very far from home which is a good thing. So when I went to HEB Monday a week ago, I was there when the store opened and I got a 4 pack for each of them. I came back down the aisle about 20 minutes later and it was wiped out already. What the hell is the deal with the TP?

Comment

There is certainly panic hoarding going on but think about this. The average American eats something like 5 meals a week from a restaurant. Millions eat two meals a day from a restaurant. If the number of those restaurant meals has been cut by say, 2/3rds, that is an S-ton of food that now has to come from grocery stores and they are not stocked for that kind of volume. We eat out maybe 3-4 times a monthso home cooking is our normal

Comment

Yea, I really don’t get the hoarding of TP. It makes no sense. Our stores are out of TP, paper towels, rice, beans, any canned or boxed noodle like Ramen or the like. Frozen veggie selection was low. Oh, and flour and sugar were hard to find

Comment

why dont you ask your sister? and get the scoop? you have said shes works the big heb in leander?
                        Last edited by waterdog; 04-01-2020, 08:07 PM.

Comment

We have (1) H-E-B, (2) Brookshires and (1) Albertsons.

H-E-B shelves are much more empty that Brookshires or Albertsons.

I wouldn’t know about the (2) Walmarts because I don’t shop there. I’ll pay extra elsewhere to avoid that lunacy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Toilet paper truck burned up on hwy

Top headlines on news channel this morning
                            A tractor-trailer carrying a load of toilet paper rolled over and burst into flames on a Texas highway early Wednesday morning, as people are hoarding the household necessity around the country during the coronavirus pandemic.

Only made news with the shortage I guess

Comment

The toilet paper shortage is explainable.

If one person sneezes, then everybody within 40 foot of them ***** in their pants.

Comment

Working...
                              X