Has anyone lost a lease by posting pictures of deer on the web

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by double bogey View Post
    Can you produce the statute that states a game warden has the right to enter your house without a warrant or your permission? I'm pretty sure even the FBI needs a warrant. When were game wardens given powers that exceed all of our rights against search and seizure that the constitution provides?
    I don't know the statute of law about it, but they can do search and seizure based on suspicion. If not, they violated my rights big time. Case in point: I'm a taxidermist, I received a heck of a buck, non type w points everywhere, little burrs all over the bases. It grossed in the 170s. It was a ladies first deer! So she plastered it all over Facebook. BTW, TP&W monitor fb and sites like this for violations. It was mentioned in the comments that the buck didn't look wide enough. I'm at the fire station and my son was driving by my house and calls me saying, Dad are you home? Because there are 3 game wardens in the garage with your freezer door open. He stops, they exchange words on who is who, what's going on etc. Son gives he phone to talk w me. They were looking for that book. Not sure how they knew I had it but it's a small town. Sure enough, it was 12&3/4" wide. They let it slide w her with a warning. But they entered my garage and opened my freezer while no one was home.

Comment

As far as the lease issue, I've been on both sides of that. My son killed a great buck in Coleman co., landowner drives up as we are cleaning it, says wow, didn't know there were deer like this here. Next year he says he's not leasing it out anymore, letting his grandson hunt it lol.
      As of right now, I'm getting a place here at home because the current hunters posted a pic of a big deer one of the shot on FB. GW looked into it, the hunter is a convicted felon! Shot it w a rifle. So landowner is booting them off, said I could have it.

Comment

Originally posted by tef View Post
        I don't know the statute of law about it, but they can do search and seizure based on suspicion. If not, they violated my rights big time. Case in point: I'm a taxidermist, I received a heck of a buck, non type w points everywhere, little burrs all over the bases. It grossed in the 170s. It was a ladies first deer! So she plastered it all over Facebook. BTW, TP&W monitor fb and sites like this for violations. It was mentioned in the comments that the buck didn't look wide enough. I'm at the fire station and my son was driving by my house and calls me saying, Dad are you home? Because there are 3 game wardens in the garage with your freezer door open. He stops, they exchange words on who is who, what's going on etc. Son gives he phone to talk w me. They were looking for that book. Not sure how they knew I had it but it's a small town. Sure enough, it was 12&3/4" wide. They let it slide w her with a warning. But they entered my garage and opened my freezer while no one was home.
        So they broke in your house to search your freezer? Or did someone let them in?

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
          Have a big enough boner and you will have both
          favorite post of the thread.... thanks Josh

Comment

Originally posted by TexasArchery_27 View Post
            Wouldn't this be an ethical concern though? I'f advertising to potential lessees "$2900/ gun" if not everyone is actually paying "$2900" to hunt the place?
            I don't see the problem here, the reverse is what pizzes me off, when I've been a DirecTV customer for 10 years and I'm paying $130 a month but the new guys gets the $49 a month deal for being a new customer. Loyalty should be valued.

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
              I got some non GMO, free range organic gluten free rhino horn that'll fix you right up!
              PM sent

Comment

If you want to talk about GW powers can you please start a new thread? Because this thread is about posting pics on social media and I want to talk about snakes under my cabin!

Comment

Not for you to decide...that is for Aggie PHD...his thread...

every post about GW...brings his thread to the top. Don't think snakes will cause ya to lose a lease...unless you burn down the LO cabin...

Comment

I was trying to make a point and a funny.

Besides with my luck when it comes time to burn down the cabin there will probably be a burn ban in place.

please excuse brevity and dictation errors

Comment

smiley faces are your friend... all is good.

the biggest thing I have from my lease is the memories with my boys...in a couple years..hopefully my grandson.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
                        smiley faces are your friend... all is good..
                        We are on the same front.

KAG

please excuse brevity and dictation errors

Comment

Originally posted by double bogey View Post
                          So they broke in your house to search your freezer? Or did someone let them in?
                          No, the garage door was up. No one was home. I'm sure they had already looked in my shop. I think as long as they have reasonable suspicion they can search. It's funny how they can do that over an animal violation but felons get off in court cases because of illegal search technicalities.

Comment

Originally posted by tef View Post
                            No, the garage door was up. No one was home. I'm sure they had already looked in my shop. I think as long as they have reasonable suspicion they can search. It's funny how they can do that over an animal violation but felons get off in court cases because of illegal search technicalities.
                            Ever consider that was the real reason they didn't prosecute in this case?

Comment

The often reality, is you get a lease well managed, clean shooting lanes, and bring a place up to worth more than what your paying and the owner can get more from your efforts from the next guy, except, the new hunters pay more but just fill tags, stop keeping the place up. Helped my brothers years ago setup deer stands and feeders... the place belongs to step family and place was all grown up and busted stands falling apart and none of the "relatives" were hunting the place... the effort was for not... as they learned that it was all nice they wanted to hunt again coincidently.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dudley View Post
                                I feel for you! I know the LO and I have to say they are a little odd, but I figure you already know that. It is a big family and that means the bottom line is what drives them. I would count on prices going up as the deer get better. I don't think they would lease it out from under you, but they will up the price if they think someone else will pay more. I love that ranch and I know yall take good care of your pasture. I do think you, and the other pastures, will have to pay more in the future to keep up with market value. They will get every dollar they can from it, regardless of who is paying.

Yeah we don’t deal with them too much. I know the one brother isn’t right in the head because he got kicked in the head by a horse. Have run into the brother that is a vet several years ago spotlighting along the river during thanksgiving. We only deal with Pancho 99% of the time. Couple years ago one of the kids/grandkids is married to a lawyer so we have had some more legal language

The price has gone up over the last several years and I expect it to keep going up. Gotta kill the big one first....

I know the family doesn’t spend anything extra by some of the repairs they make to things like gates. Just as long as the price doesn’t double overnight I would be ok for now

And for all y’all who want to try and steal our lease. We hunt in one of those out west. Way west

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X