Not ready for the season yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not ready for the season yet?

Who still hasn't gotten their cameras out, feeders working, grass cut, and other things to get ready to the season?

I haven't done a thing yet.
    The grass and trees really grew this year, it's so think you can't really walk around out at the ranch.

I hunt year round so I'm always pretty much ready but with 19 feeders and well over 25 stands and camera's there is always work to be done especially keeping shooting lanes open with all the rain the last couple of years.

Comment

We feed year around and keep the pens sprayed and grass mowed so we are ready to go.
      Just topped corn feeder off this past weekend. Just need to make sure no wasp are in the blinds!

Comment

I don't even has a lease......haven't shot my bow in 6 months!

Comment

I'm ready! Muddyfuzzy is working a batch of arrows for me, feeders up and running, cameras out! Just very few deer!

Comment

going to move feeders and stands this weekend

Comment

Signed a contract on a place in Houston County last month. I'm hoping to close on it next month and then I can begin work.

Comment

I fall in to this group. The lease I'm on doesn't allow year round access. Will be making a trip out this next weekend to get our feeders up and running along with getting stands set and cameras running. Have to get the camp ready a well. A lot to do in a short time frame and 100 degree temps. Still for what ever reason, I love this stuff!!

Comment

I have two places and we keep them going 24/7/365. The deer are eating 500lbs of protein every 4 weeks, so have to go at lease once a month to fill feeders and check cameras.

Comment

Haven't been to the lease since last season except a quick drive through to check on things. With as much rain as keep getting if I mow now it will be 4 feet high again by bow season.

Comment

For me I would always make drives out to the ranch to check on cameras, keep the feeders running and grass cut.

But this year is the first year of just not doing anything until the last minute.

Comment

I'm running behind big time. Sad thing is my gate to my house is 10 minutes and I haven't been one time this summer. Working all the time or trying to relax and fish when I'm not.

Comment

We feed year round and just started protein this year and keep corn running in some feeders just turned down and only once per day so feeders are pretty much kept in working order year round. We put cameras out in April on our new protein feeder so we could see whats happening and other cameras were put out in July. Usually in July we trim roads & cut firewood. Our next trip will be in early September and we will re-fill all corn feeders and crank up feed times, shut down the protein, safety check tree stands, switch out game camera cards, kill wasps in blinds and trim shooting lanes if needed.

By early September we will be ready to go for opener of bow season.

Comment

Got the feeders and camera running last weekend. Going out in a couple weeks to mow/weedeat/cut all that needs to be trimmed and we will be good to go.

Comment

We have been filling feeders year round and have mowed down our food plots but that is it. Our next trip will be at the end of the month and will be the first time all four of us will be there together. We will have to shred and disc roughly 5 acres to prepare for planting in mid sept. We have to set up a tower blind and rebuild the ladder for that and another blind as well. We need to spray and weed eat camp and all of our feed pens. Clean the camper. Clean and fix a blind that a raccoon decided to give birth in. Trim branches on roads and shooting lanes. Put up a new gate. The list goes on and on.

Comment

Working...
                              X