Single pin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Single pin?

Been looking at new sights. Ive shot a 5 pin for most of my hunting life. Are their many benefits to a single pin vs. a 5 pin. I mainly hunt whitetails treestand or tripod, turkeys from ground blind. Also curious about the Fast eddie 2 pin from spot hogg. Anybody shoot one likes dislikes? Thanks Mike

Single pin for years. I don't like the clutter and if you are shooting an ethical distance, it's all you will ever need. My $0.02

Comment

I'm currently shooting the Trophy Ridge React One Pro and I've really liked it so far. For stand/blind hunting at known distances, I don't think you can go wrong with a single pin.

Comment

I've been using the ascent verdict with 3 pins, I've been very happy with it. To me it's the best of both worlds

Comment

following!

Comment

Montgomery Black Gold Single Pin here

Comment

HHA single pin for me as I primarily hunt a treestand and really don't need to go more than 30 yards in most cases. If I was going to hunt out west for Elk or something where I might be going out to 60 yards, I'd go with a multi pin setup. I just love the clear sight picture when I am hunting with a single pin and HHA sights are rock solid and made in the USA.

Comment

I have a Fast eddie. I will soon upgrade the housing to multi pin.
                Known distances and sliding.

Comment

been shooting single pin for years. set it at 20 yards and have only adjusted it one time in the field. moved it just a touch for a 25 yard shot.

Comment

Axcel Acuhunter

Comment

I switched to the React One a couple of years ago after shooting a 7 pin sight for many, many years and I really like the simplicity of having to look and focus on just one pin without any others close. The reason I like the React One is you set 2 distances, say 20 and 40 and your sight tape will be good from 20 to 100 yards. I did not believe it, but it works.

Comment

I shoot the Hogg father five pin mover and love it. Anything under sixty I don't have to touch anything

Comment

Originally posted by Maxxed Outdoors View Post
                          I've been using the ascent verdict with 3 pins, I've been very happy with it. To me it's the best of both worlds
                          Agreed. Look in to this one. I got one last year and love it.

Comment

Love the view of the single pin HHA but the downfall is ranging and moving sights for shots farther than 30. I went to a cbe tech hybrid don't like the view as much but design is what I need best of both worlds..

Th at being said if your looking for a single pin I'm selling my HHA optimizer lite ultra already got 2nd and 3rd axis adjustment and sight light shoot me a pm

Comment

I have shot a single pin sight for two seasons now. There are multiple benefits to it in a hunting situation, particularly when shooting long ranges 30+yds , I won't be shooting a multi pin sight again.

Comment

Working...
                              X