• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

McAlester draw hunt

Who got drawn? I forgot to enter.

Not me. 2 for 2 last year mcaap and hag. 0 for 2 this year

Comment

Booner, Darton and me signed up, didn't get drawn.

Comment

After 6 years I finally drew.. Hominy unit oct 16-18.

This will be my first time and looking for any advice or tips anyone can give me?

Comment

Originally posted by q-all View Post
          After 6 years I finally drew.. Hominy unit oct 16-18.

This will be my first time and looking for any advice or tips anyone can give me?
          Find trees dropping acorns!!!!

Good luck!

Bisch

Comment

Not this year. Was 2 for 2 the last two years. There are a lot of spots in hominy. They have quite a few green fields planted too, or at least there were last year. At least I got drawn for hag

Comment

I finally got drawn back in after a 4 year dry spell! Sure hope they have the quality passes this time around. Last times I've been they didn't have them, so my does didn't get me a return trip back!!

Comment

ehhh there is no deer in Oklahoma anyway !

Comment

Originally posted by kcmarullo View Post
                  ehhh there is no deer in Oklahoma anyway !

Comment

Nothing here.

Comment

For they guys that have hunted it before do most of yall stay in the campgrounds? Our ranch is only 30 miles away and I am thinking it would be nice to stay in my own place each night but I am little worried with the hassle of checking in and out every morning ?

Comment

I stay in camp every time I get to hunt there. You can drive the extra 30 minutes both ways but I would rather have that time to get some rest for the next days hunt myself. I would recommend renting a cabin there or renting one of their campers they have to rent. Getting on and off the base is usually not a problem but it doesn't take much for it to become a big hassle. I hunted there the week of the Ft Hood incident a few years ago and just getting off base to go get dinner and right back was not easy with the heightened security.
                        As far as hunting Mcaap Qall you drew one of the harder weeks to hunt there. I would look for good food areas to hunt or trails leading to them. Pm me sometime if you want and I will give you a couple areas that I would recommend checking out. Good luck to you and to everyone else that drew out on an awesome hunt.

Comment

Well I made a mistake when looking earlier. I headed back to Hominy.

Comment

congrats guys. i hunted there twice in the early 2K's with no luck but it was a great experience. I stayed in a local motel that was close. Good folks but a tough hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                              congrats guys. i hunted there twice in the early 2K's with no luck but it was a great experience. I stayed in a local motel that was close. Good folks but a tough hunt.
                              I didn't know you shot a stick bow, Oscar! How cool!

Bisch

Comment

Working...
                              X