My First Bownanza!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My First Bownanza!

After saying we were going to for years, we finally made the trip to College Station to see what all the hubub was about. Well let me tell you, there was a Robert Earl Keen or a Ray Wylie Hubbard song in the making (think Merry Christmas from the Family or Choctaw Bingo). As newbies, we were welcomed in like long lost relatives, met TBH royalty, ate till our loose fittin' britches weren't loose anymore, heard tales of every level of believabilty, and had one great weekend. Heck, we even saw a marriage proposal. I shook hands with likes of Smart, Chew, Kurdawg, Nurse Jenn, BrandonA, Saltwater Slick, Cajun Blake, and the Mayor herself, among many more. But the highlight of the day had to be when I finally met my keyboard hero, Burnadell. I know, I dont set my goals too high, but I do aspire to be a GOF one day. In most cases, it was good to finally put a face with the name (some....not so much). I couldn't believe the amount of time, effort and money that so many put into this big feed (did I mention we ate like pigs?). If you've been wondering if its worth the drive, stop wondering and make plans to get you some of this next year! I want to thank everyone for the hospitality and great time! I didnt get many pictures but I will leave you with a few pics that summed up our day, big smiles and a nap!
    Attached Files

Glad you made it and had a good time. Was nice to meet you

Comment

Awesome stuff brother , pleasure meeting you and your beautiful family

Comment

Guess I missed meeting you. Glad y’all had fun

Comment

It so cool to see stories like these.

Comment

Nice meeting you!!! Hope to see ya next year

Comment

Yes sir....well said....great meeting you as well Txbownut!....

Glad you had a good time....Thanks for coming out and joining the fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                Guess I missed meeting you. Glad y’all had fun
                Not sure how I let that happen. You are top of the list next year! Good times for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Txbownut View Post
                  Not sure how I let that happen. You are top of the list next year! Good times for sure.
                  He never left his chair. He was kind of like Santa, waiting on the kids to come to him.

It was great to meet you. Same time next year!

Comment

Great to see another family that gets it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That’s why we do it!! Glad you finally made one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Great post, Scott! I'm glad Dee and I got to meet you. Of course, we have known Stephanie and her family for a long time! Your granddaughter is as cute as a button! So glad you guys came!

Comment

Working...
                        X