Rucking (Ruck Marching)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
    Good grief! I wish my joints would allow me to suffer that much.

For me, looks like something along the lines of the Bataan, or the DC 50 would be the next level type goal. I am definitely leaning towards doing my own made up challenge for my 40th birthday this year - 40/40/40. 40 years old, 40#, 40 miles in one day.
    40/40/40 That's an awesome challenge hope to start rucking soon. Hurt the ole hamstring a few weeks back playing basketball and tweaked it two days ago doing some deep squats Sprinted about 75 yds last night all out without a warm up or stretching and feeling some sournes now.

Comment

I hit my crazy goal of reaching 500 rucking miles by the end of the month... today, on the last day. For the Charity Challenge 1000 mile challenge, I am now on the other side of halfway!

Comment

I hit my crazy goal of reaching 500 rucking miles by the end of the month... today, on the last day. For the Charity Challenge 1000 mile challenge, I am now on the other side of halfway!
        500 miles. In two months.

Wow.

Strong work and a ton of dedication there.

Comment

Wow. Good Job!

Comment

20 miles in the books today. Not Baytown muggy, but it was muggy in the hills today.

Comment

And, if some of y'all want to get your four legged friends in on the ruck action, there is this.

Comment

Yesterday's stats...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ruck 1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	24531579

Name:	Ruck 2.jpg
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	24531580

Name:	Ruck 3.jpg
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	24531581

Comment

I have my guys doing a ruck march every Saturday morning until the deployment is done. They are shorter in distance, but will end up being over 200 miles once complete.

Comment

That is a long day Mark!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Since this is a bowhunting site and all... went on a javi hunt this weekend. After tagging out Saturday, I went for a 3.5 mile light ruck with my bow. Came back about 3lbs heavier

Comment

Since this is a bowhunting site and all... went on a javi hunt this weekend. After tagging out Saturday, I went for a 3.5 mile light ruck with my bow. Came back about 3lbs heavier

That looks like more fun than my day...

Comment

Originally posted by 1369 View Post
                          That looks like more fun than my day...
                          Even before I started officially rucking for fitness, I would love walking and hiking. I can't tell you how many walks I have been on where I see something and think "I wish I had my bow!"

This was one of thise walks I usually only get to daydream about.

Due to the welcome distractions, my pace wasnt high.... which was good because I was also wearing Justin snake boots.

Comment

Just to save me going through all 6 pages, what device or app are y'all using to accurately track your mileage and paths? Also good brands for backpacks for bigger guys? I am interested in this and have some paths (woods) by my house I could wonder around it. OH! And most important, which hiking boots are y'all wearing?

Comment

Originally posted by FULL DRAW View Post
                              Just to save me going through all 6 pages, what device or app are y'all using to accurately track your mileage and paths? Also good brands for backpacks for bigger guys? I am interested in this and have some paths (woods) by my house I could wonder around it. OH! And most important, which hiking boots are y'all wearing?
                              I use a garmin GPS for some, known length trails for others, and my vivofit pedometer for some (have calibrated it really well)

Packs... soooo many to choose from. Look for something that can hold the weight you plan to carry.

Boots are the same. Most of the time I wear sneakers.

Comment

6.94 miles this morning. The weather was perfect for training this morning. Hope we have similar at Bataan.

Comment

Working...
                                X