Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 San Angelo surrounding area season thread.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
    In my experience I would not put corn on top or mix with the cotton seed. Coons will scatter your seed everywhere. Just pour heavy around the base. I have also gotten some molasses from like academy or tractor supply and you can pour in top.

Prob doesn't make a huge difference as they will prob eat all of it eventually either way.

I don’t think it does. They picked mine clean... including the ground around it where the feeder used to before they pushed it around. I’m thoroughly impressed with my deers’ housekeeping abilities even after 2” of rain on the stuff they had stepped on [emoji23]

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
    Been wiring my new shop. Should have just paid someone...lots easier lol.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23].... I’ve been there

Nice pics Jzoch...

Comment

Looks like you had a heck of a weekend Jzoch! Awesome pictures!

I just got back home from the lease. We found some sheds, trapped some coons, and topped off protein, cottonseed and corn. I’m already starting to feel the soreness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Last edited by 8pointer; 03-04-2018, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 8pointer View Post

I just got back home from the lease. We found some sheds, trapped some coons, and topped off protein, cottonseed and corn. I’m already starting to feel the soreness.

Looking good Zach! Nice haul of early spring sheds

Comment

Y’all did work on some sheds!! That’s awesome.

Great weekend for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Jzoch View Post
            Great weekend out west. Cottonseed is out, but discovered the deer have almost gone through the 4.5 tons of protein we put out a few weeks ago. Also managed to find a few sheds and get a little predator hunting in. Headed home with two wore out little boys.

Looks like a good weekend.

Nice find, Zach. That’s a pretty good day right there.

Comment

I must have been drinking because I swear there were some holes in the floor[emoji13]*[emoji23].

They just about got it all. LOs SIL was at the ranch and and he wanted to look at my feeder for their side of the ranch. He took a few pics for me and pushed it off on the ground. Hopefully they won’t have to work as hard when I remove the floor this weekend and make the frame even lighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                I must have been drinking because I swear there were some holes in the floor[emoji13]*[emoji23].

They just about got it all. LOs SIL was at the ranch and and he wanted to look at my feeder for their side of the ranch. He took a few pics for me and pushed it off on the ground. Hopefully they won’t have to work as hard when I remove the floor this weekend and make the frame even lighter.
                Looks like it’s working out real good for you....Should be even better without the floor.

Comment

Originally posted by Bone Thug View Post
                  Looks like it’s working out real good for you....Should be even better without the floor.

I'm sure the posts will slow down as this newness wears off too..

Thank yall for humoring me..

Comment

Gassed 25 out from under the well house this weekend. Knew there were a few under there but had no idea there were this many.

Comment

2018 San Angelo surrounding area season thread.....

Holy hell!!! No way in hell![emoji23]

Comment

Yeah I’m good.... no thanks

Comment

That’s unreal Cookemerkel! Can you give us a little more details on what the process is for “gassing” them out? How did y’all do it? We might have a snake problem at our camp I’m afraid and might have to do something about it.

Comment

Wow. That's a haul of snakes right there!

Comment

That’s unreal Cookemerkel! Can you give us a little more details on what the process is for “gassing” them out? How did y’all do it? We might have a snake problem at our camp I’m afraid and might have to do something about it.
                              I will have to get some more info from my father in law. I wasn't out there this weekend when they did this. I was in the camp of burn the well house down and start again...

Comment

Originally posted by Jzoch View Post
                                Great weekend out west. Cottonseed is out, but discovered the deer have almost gone through the 4.5 tons of protein we put out a few weeks ago. Also managed to find a few sheds and get a little predator hunting in. Headed home with two wore out little boys.

Looks like good times! Are your boys shooting yet? Jackrabbits are good practice. I like your cottonseed feeders!

Comment

Working...
                                X