Just a few snakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by softpoint View Post
    Old saying around here is that nothing messes up a squirrel hunt like seeing a rattler or a copperhead at the beginning of the hunt. Just can't look up in the trees for the rest of the day.....
    I just don't get it, I've stomped around E TX my whole life and never even worried about stepping on a snake. In my experience they feel you coming way before you get to them and get the he ll out of your way.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Nope, no way

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
        Sweetwater is buying 7000# next weekend. Brownwood will be after that
        Dang! That's better than the reports I've been getting, I haven't hunted in years, but I had heard thru the rumor mill they they stopped taking snakes at about one zero less.

Comment

I crawled under a house last year that had rattlesnakes under it and got stuck under a floor joist. I got half way under it and couldn't back out of get through. The home owner was outside asking if everything was going alright. "Oh.....Yeah everything's going great."Lol

The worst one was probably the one with insulation laying all over the ground so I couldn't really see what I was crawling over and it was a little colder outside so the snakes weren't really active or wanting to rattle.

I'm not claustrophobic but when you're pinned under something like that and you start thinking you're not gonna get out it's hard not to start feeling a little anxiety. Not to mention the pile of snakes 5 feet away. I don't mind being in a confined space but I like to be able to get out of it.
          Last edited by okrattler; 03-04-2018, 12:43 AM.

Comment

Now they are good snakes

Comment

Originally posted by BigThicketBoy View Post
              What did they use to kill em all with? Surely they didn't shoot them all?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
              You don't see that pipe laying next to them?

Comment

Holy only! That's a bunch of 'em in one spot!

Comment

Wow! That's amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                    I crawled under a house last year that had rattlesnakes under it and got stuck under a floor joist. I got half way under it and couldn't back out of get through. The home owner was outside asking if everything was going alright. "Oh.....Yeah everything's going great."Lol

The worst one was probably the one with insulation laying all over the ground so I couldn't really see what I was crawling over and it was a little colder outside so the snakes weren't really active or wanting to rattle.

I'm not claustrophobic but when you're pinned under something like that and you start thinking you're not gonna get out it's hard not to start feeling a little anxiety. Not to mention the pile of snakes 5 feet away. I don't mind being in a confined space but I like to be able to get out of it.
                    I don't know how much you were being paid, but it wasn't enough.

Comment

Wow, I’m out

Comment

Man....that picture right there gave me Boone & Crockett goosebumps!

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post

I've always enjoyed your posts, Austin. But.....you're as crazy as a penned up raccoon and one of these days I'm gonna read about your silly *** in the newspaper.

Comment

Meh

Comment

Somunabish!

Comment

Thanks, I will be having night mares now

Comment

Working...
                                X