When is opening day 2018??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When is opening day 2018??

I know this question gets asked every year.

I also know there is a law that state when it will be but my Googler is not finding it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Sept 29

Nov 3

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
      Sept 29

Nov 3
      This goes for all the state of Texas except East Tx where there is no opening day nor end of season!
      Last edited by Antlers86; 02-20-2018, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Five weeks before the first full weekend of November

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
          This goes for all the state of Texas except East Tx where there is no opening day nor end of season!

In East Texas, deer season is something you sprinkle on the meat when you're cooking

Comment

Sept 29

Nov 3
            Thanks!

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Comment

Sept 29

Nov 3
              I know this is right but do you know how they determine whether the opener is in October or September? I know it has something to with where that Saturday falls in relation to October 1, but I can never figure it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                I know this is right but do you know how they determine whether the opener is in October or September? I know it has something to with where that Saturday falls in relation to October 1, but I can never figure it out.
                Normally Saturday closest to October 1. Best thing to do is count 5 wks back from first full wknd in November which is General Season Opener.

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
                  Normally Saturday closest to October 1. Best thing to do is count 5 wks back from first full wknd in November which is General Season Opener.

This^^^. That's how I did it when I answered the OP in the first post.

Comment

It’s actually the closest Saturday to Sept 30!

The 30 consecutive days part has been changed, as it runs all the way till the general season opener now.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post

The easiest and best way to remember...the gun opener is always the first Saturday in November. Count back to the 5th Saturday prior to the gun opener...that is opening day of bow season. Always.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post

The 30 consecutive days part has been changed, as it runs all the way till the general season opener now.

Bisch

Well for crying out loud! Did they seriously change the rule??
                        Edit....
                        Actually that's not a brand new change. I'm not sure for how long but it's been that way. My explanation above is still the best way to determine both openers.
                        Last edited by PVDT; 02-20-2018, 05:32 PM. Reason: No new change.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post

Bisch

Bingo. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                          X