Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many questionable deaths in your neighborhood is too many?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like that Tom Hanks’ movie “The ‘Burbs”.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
      We're the latest two suicide or old folks who forgot to shut the car off?
      Does seem odd to have that many in one neighborhood but it would not make me move
      This. I'd be like Lieutenant Dam in the storm!

Comment

That area along Faulkey Gully was settled by freed slaves after the Civil War and known as "The Bottoms". The only thing left of the settlement was the cemetery that was still there in the early 70's. Developers probably built on top of it.

Comment

Northpointe is a big neighborhood just off a relatively major highway. I wouldn't be too worried

Comment

Originally posted by Native Texan View Post
            That area along Faulkey Gully was settled by freed slaves after the Civil War and known as "The Bottoms". The only thing left of the settlement was the cemetery that was still there in the early 70's. Developers probably built on top of it.
            Are you f with me?

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

Comment

News just said her car was running in the garage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I am guessing you are screwing with me. Regardless our last home backed up to the gullet and that neighborhood never had any murders.

Comment

Originally posted by sideways View Post
                  News just said her car was running in the garage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                  That is what is weird. I heard the original sirens around 1030. The police indicated it would take 6 or more hours to consume the house.

Comment

Originally posted by -HIC- View Post
                    That is what is weird. I heard the original sirens around 1030. The police indicated it would take 6 or more hours to consume the house.

All of these houses are two story and over 4k square feet. I am not an expert but it seems a running car in the garage is unlikely to kill two people, each on a separate floor. Unless the garage to internal door was forced open?

Comment

Originally posted by -HIC- View Post
                      I am guessing you are screwing with me. Regardless our last home backed up to the gullet and that neighborhood never had any murders.

Not trying to screw with you...I grew up just a few miles East of there. Not sure exactly where that cemetery was in relation to what's there now, but it was close. Probably all just coincidence about the murders and suicides.

The Handbook of Texas is your number one authoritative source for Texas history. Read this entry and thousands more like it on our site.

Comment

Move....

Comment

Even if he is screwing with you I would do some research in your area, I have heard of some weird stuff going on in NM when I lived there where houses where build right on Indian burial grounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Bassdeer View Post
                            Even if he is screwing with you I would do some research in your area, I have heard of some weird stuff going on in NM when I lived there where houses where build right on Indian burial grounds.
                            Move...

Comment

Originally posted by Bassdeer View Post
                              Lots of Indian artifacts were found in that area too. The stuff they dug up along Cypress Creek where the Compaq/HP Center is located was amazing. I would imagine the headwaters of Willow Creek there saw a lot of Indian activity too.

All that spooky stuff aside, I would believe that over prescribed antidepressants are more likely to blame for the murders and suicides. You know, the ones that come with a warning "may cause suicidal or violent thoughts".

Comment

Not trying to screw with you...I grew up just a few miles East of there. Not sure exactly where that cemetery was in relation to what's there now, but it was close. Probably all just coincidence about the murders and suicides.

https://tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/rbf16
                                Man, does anyone know what the lake used to be called? From that map we are in the non surveyed area.

Comment

Working...
                                X