No announcement yet.

The Other Side of the Wall 2017-2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our established MX lease group would be in the market for a bigger ranch next season. Not looking to move just to move, as our current ranch has produced, but more acreage would certainly be of interest to us.

The long term outlook of our place w/ the encroaching coal mining activity, has me a bit concerned.

If anyone knows of a quality ranch in Coahuila, not past 2nd checkpoint, 5k+ acres w/ decent house, shoot me a PM. Our group is easy, as we only go a few times/season and have realistic expectations.

Heading back down in late January to finish out the season, and hopefully arrow a big deer.

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
      We are heading back on the 8th, hopefully it froze hard enough to knock some of the green out, what's everyones take on hunting early January ? I was told by another Mexico hunter that he likes to hunt before the peak rut and then again around the 10 th of Jan.
      Freeze didn't do much damage to the green. Some will come out and eat corn, but they spend as much time on the side of the road eating green forbes.
      Our mesquites still have over half their leaves. Still seeing some nice deer but not like a normal year.
      Still fun though.

Comment

Originally posted by walker1983 View Post
        Our established MX lease group would be in the market for a bigger ranch next season. Not looking to move just to move, as our current ranch has produced, but more acreage would certainly be of interest to us.

The long term outlook of our place w/ the encroaching coal mining activity, has me a bit concerned.

If anyone knows of a quality ranch in Coahuila, not past 2nd checkpoint, 5k+ acres w/ decent house, shoot me a PM. Our group is easy, as we only go a few times/season and have realistic expectations.

Heading back down in late January to finish out the season, and hopefully arrow a big deer.

Y’all must currently be off the road to Villa Union? I know of a 15000 ac Ranch. You can text me at 830-570-1837.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hogmess View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Great looking place!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Coyote being a coyote. One less bobcat. There are a few less coyotes too!
            Attached Files

Comment

good looking cat what is the coyote have in his mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Blue View Post
                good looking cat what is the coyote have in his mouth.
                Rabbit.

Comment

The success rate with you guys on great deer is amazing. Congrats to all the Mexico group.

Comment

hoping to join you boys on this thread next year. looks like some really nice bucks hit the ground this year! congrats to all of you!

Comment

One of my hunters last weekend!! Nice old 7 year buck!!
                      Bad thing is he dropped 15-20 inches this year.... but still a hell of a trophy!!!

Comment

Originally posted by santana View Post
                        One of my hunters last weekend!! Nice old 7 year buck!!
                        Bad thing is he dropped 15-20 inches this year.... but still a hell of a trophy!!!

Very nice. Congrats to the hunter. Another full moon buck down.

Comment

Nice G2’s & 3’s

Comment

Did he loose mass or tine length or both

Comment

The Other Side of the Wall 2017-2018

Originally posted by Slickrick View Post
                              Did he loose mass or tine length or both

He lost points... last year was a 7 x 5 with a kiker... this year slick 5x4!!

Comment

Originally posted by santana View Post
                                He lost points... last year was a 7 x 5 with a kiker... this year slick 5x4!!
                                We see a direct correlation between antler growth and rain this year. The rains came from the southeast this summer and the ranches to the west didn't catch any of them. The bucks on the pastures that got the rain did great . Seems almost all the bucks on the ranches that didn't catch the rain were down. Some a lot especially the older bucks, which surprised me.

While overall rainfall throughout the summer was much less than desired some of the pastures managed to catch a few storms just frequently enough to keep quality high. The difference was very noticeable.

Comment

Working...
                                X