Plasma Cutter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plasma Cutter

I was thinking today about buying a plasma cutter. Being as I don't know much about them and have no clue what to look for, I need some help. I am a weekend warrior that likes to tinker with stuff. Please lead me in the right direction.

Watching

Comment

I have a Miller Spectrum 625 Xtreme and it cuts great. It may be a bit more than you need but it has helped me build quite a few things on the weekends.

Comment

Hypertherm is the best in the biz. How thick of material you plan on cutting will tell you what machine to buy.

Comment

Originally posted by JustinJ View Post
          Hypertherm is the best in the biz. How thick of material you plan on cutting will tell you what machine to buy.
          This

Comment

Been running a Miller Spectrum 2050 with 50ft torch and ground. It's nice with the long reach. The 875 replaced it. It's done everything asked of it.

I would stick with the bigger brands such as miler, hypertherm, Lincoln etc
            Last edited by sendit; 08-29-2017, 10:57 PM.

Comment

Running a Hypertherm PowerMax 30. I think it's the best option for a weekend warrior/home tinkerer. It can be fed off of 110 or 220V, so it works great from a home garage. For best results hook it up to a 220 for much quicker passes. It costs more, but it performs excellent. I've only used Miller and Hypertherm 220v plasmas before this, and it does not disappoint.

Comment

I found a regular torch to be more suitable for different projects. Sent my Hobart plasma off to a member here last fall.

Comment

Mine is a Snap On.
                  I use it a lot.

Comment

Hypertherm 45.

Comment

I have a Hobart that I used for one project. I would let it go for a good price.

Comment

Like others have mentioned, Hypertherm is the way to go.

Comment

I purchased a Hypertherm Powermax 45 for my shop. First day I got it I cut some 1" plate with it like butter, well cold butter. Use it almost daily on numerous thicknesses and it never skips a beat.

Comment

Hypertherm

Comment

Plasma Cutters - Longevity has been manufacturing Plasma Cutting equipment for enthusiasts and professionals for over a decade. Our Plasma Machines are powerful, portable, and reliable with 100% customer satisfaction guarantee.

I have an older longevity 30 amp (I think, maybe 40). Never had any issues with it. Cut 3/8" pipe just fine. Built a smoker trailer with it. It may sit for a year at a time. I couldn't justify the higher priced units.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk
                              Last edited by hellbndr23; 08-30-2017, 06:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X