Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel for ya.

Comment

Finished drying up my dance with Poison Oak last week. 6 days of meds!

Comment

Got poison ivy now and it's brutal!

Comment

When I was a kid, I used to get covered in that stuff! Cortisone shots every year. I've actually gotten better as I've gotten older. Maybe I've started paying more attention now and cleaning up better after contact. Either way, it sucks and I feel for you OP. Wash it every chance you get and keep some kind of calamine type cream on it.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Tejas Wildlife View Post
            Isopropyl alcohol works!!! I buy it in gallon containers from Walmart
            Dish washing soap (Dawn) works well also. It breaks the "oils" down.

Comment

My new property has a ton of poison oak. Every time I go out I get it somehow. Gonna have to start really paying attention to my clothing including boots and using desposable gloves.
              I've had some form of rash or tea curing bumps off and in for almost two months now. Can't seem to get completely rid of it. I must have something that still has oil in it I'm touching. Is there anything that can be done or used to decrease your bodies sensitivity or block the contact besides long sleeves and trying to clean after the fact.

Comment

I got bit by some ivy/oak on Fort Hood a few years ago. I thought my skin was melting off haha!

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
                  **** I'm itching from looking at it . What does sumac look like ?
                  There is some good info here http://www.poison-ivy.org/poison-sumac

Comment

Thank God I haven't had it in years, but I remember when I was a kid running around in the woods and creeks I'd constantly have it. Hate it all!

Comment

I hate that stuff. I can look at it and catch it. I used to get it as a kid all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by xman59 View Post
                        for those who are prone to getting it the very best thing you can do for yourself is keep isopropyl alcohol handy and wipe your hands and arms down if you even think you got in it,, it removes the oil from the skin faster than a fire hose,,, and its cheap and easy to find,,, and for those who climb in trees with it,, don't!
                        I saw a video a guy did a few years ago (he was some kind of biologist). He said his research and experience showed that regardless of what you use (isopropyl alcohol, dawn soap, etc.) - the KEY is to rub it really well with a wash cloth, not just your hands. He showed how the roughness of the cloth (even without soap, etc.) was the most effective way to get the oils off.

Comment

Originally posted by 2B4Him View Post
                          I saw a video a guy did a few years ago (he was some kind of biologist). He said his research and experience showed that regardless of what you use (isopropyl alcohol, dawn soap, etc.) - the KEY is to rub it really well with a wash cloth, not just your hands. He showed how the roughness of the cloth (even without soap, etc.) was the most effective way to get the oils off.
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oyoDRHpQK0

Comment

Yep - that's it!

Comment

Originally posted by 2B4Him View Post
                              if it works for him great, I know by personal experience alcohol works extremely well

Comment

Working...
                              X