Goodbye Green Screen........ :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtTheWall View Post
    There was a time....guys like GoldenEagle and others here......took archery to the 3D Course for all the marbles! And as we shot the crap out of targets, we used to say..."I wonder how many bowhunters actually shoot their bow regularly?"
    Yep. The bow wasn't a seasonal thing. If we weren't huntin, me and my son were traveling all over shooting 3-D. A lot of good times for us. One of my favorite memories is when all y'all southerners came up to shoot with us at MAC.

Comment

Originally posted by d_e_smith View Post
      I sit in a tree with a bow, with really no intention of killing anything. That has to count for something.
      Same here. Gives me an extra month of deer season!

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
        Ya - definitely caught me off guard.

I joined this place to get into bowhunting. Didnt realize so many people were swearing it off.
        I haven't sworn it off or quit, per se. I just don't have time. I still have all my stuff.

Comment

Sold all my stuff and just take my 10 yr old daughter now. Honestly I skip over most of the kill threads nowadays and just look for other things that interest me.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Rat View Post
            Well, this thread really explains a lot...

I guess I never realized so many people would participate in a bowhunting forum that don't bowhunt!
            kinda makes you wonder why the site is called texasbowhunter

Comment

Originally posted by hot_rod_eddie View Post
              I'm not even in Texas anymore! OMG!
              Me to, and the only bow I have is for fishing.... does that mean I should leave?

Comment

Originally posted by Je3749 View Post
                Me to, and the only bow I have is for fishing.... does that mean I should leave?

No kidding!!! Geez, I mentioned that I haven't hunted in 2 years and now I'm considered a non-bowhunter......
                Looks like I have to apologize to these bowhunters for having a life that sometimes gets in the way of bowhunting .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Saggy View Post
                  No kidding!!! Geez, I mentioned that I haven't hunted in 2 years and now I'm considered a non-bowhunter......
                  Looks like I have to apologize to these bowhunters for having a life that sometimes gets in the way of bowhunting .

The difference is you actually own a bow and enjoy the sport, not getting a chance to go is much different.

Comment

You are correct....

Comment

Originally posted by AtTheWall View Post
                      Awesome!

I still have my Groves Olympic recurve target bow and my Original Allen\Jennings Hunter compound (the original compound). I've been shooting archery since 1966 (6 years old). Shot instinctive for 30 years before moving into the then new fiber pins and string peeps....around 1998.

I own 4 compounds (one Open Class with scope) and 2 recurves and 1 bowfishing rig. Still shoot some, not as serious as I once was. Shot Hunter Class in Arizona, against the big left coast dogs with Drake one year, we placed 22 & 25 out of hundreds there - National Event. All shot around 8000 - 9000ft elevation with a lot of up and down targets along with breathing issues at that altitude. Did it just to experience it and we came out pretty **** well considering, we were never serious about prepping for that tournament.

Life changes and finding places to engage archery and balancing that with some other bucket list items in life, it's where some of us are right now.

But I do have a Nilgai hunt scheduled this winter - with a smoke pole on the Kennedy
                      I still have all of mine, granted I haven't upgraded since 2005. I shot one tournament in Colorado and that open country seriously screwed with my ranging. Springtown and their love for the turkey targets annoyed the mess out of me too.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Saggy View Post

Yep. It was just a matter of bowhunting getting in the way of my wallet though. Can't afford it anymore. Still have my huntin rig, but got rid of my 3-D stuff.

Just in case y'all need proof that I ever bowhunted.
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	RANDYS_20TURKEY_20001.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	113.7 KB
ID:	24502799

Comment

Working...
                        X