price to put in caliche road - and line a pond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well i just got a quote for a stretch of caliche road to fill in an area that gets bad when it rains ... for 500 feet , he quoted me $3500 . that seems way high to me

then he quoted me 11k to put a liner in my pond (half an acre pond) and that is if i empty it first ...

any fellow TBH'er in the business that could comment on how much this should cost ????

Hard to say on caliche. How many trucks will he have to bring in?

Sounds high but need lots more info.

Comment

I built 1300' from highway into the barn on one side then continued out the backside of the barn and making a loop back to new road coming in from the highway. It cost me $6800 IIRC. That was 18 belly dump loads of caliche, maintainer to spread and then roller to pack it. Most of the cost was trucking since they had to haul it 20 miles.

Comment

he just measured 500 feet of road guessing probably 6" thick ... not sure how many truck loads that is ...

Comment

Sounds plausible on the road, no idea on the pond.

Comment

I got a price on limestone the other day. $875 for a belly dump. $875 for 4 loads is $3,500. Seems right to me. Now I will say shipping is killing me as I'm a long way from the rock pit, otherwise it would be cheaper.

Comment

Where do you need it?

Comment

500 ft long, 20 ft wide, 1ft thick compacted to 8" is 370 cubic yards.
                At $10 a yard =$3700 for materials+ Trucking and labor to spread the marterial. $3500 is a good deal IMO. No clue on the liner.

Comment

This?

Originally posted by jsctx84 View Post
                  Where do you need it?
                  I may have a source for you...

tending the fire,
                  Bob G.

Comment

Caliche may not be your best choice there, you really need to know the make-up, caliche is clay based, given the right conditions you could be adding goo to your muck. Maybe crushed limestone or decomposed granite whichever you can get the best price on.

Comment

No idea on the pond liner but the road is inline with a bid we just received to have a new road built. Our builder is bringing in a maintainer and dozed to crown the road, establish drainage, compact sub grade and compacting 6" of limestone base on top for $8 per foot 12' wide. One thing to consider is the equipment haul. Our bid has $400 per piece of equipment that has to be hauled on a big rig.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by imyomama View Post
                        well i just got a quote for a stretch of caliche road to fill in an area that gets bad when it rains ... for 500 feet , he quoted me $3500 . that seems way high to me

then he quoted me 11k to put a liner in my pond (half an acre pond) and that is if i empty it first ...

any fellow TBH'er in the business that could comment on how much this should cost ????
                        how much u think it should cost

Comment

Originally posted by tex4k View Post
                          Caliche may not be your best choice there, you really need to know the make-up, caliche is clay based, given the right conditions you could be adding goo to your muck. Maybe crushed limestone or decomposed granite whichever you can get the best price on.

We went 3000' with crushed/recycled concrete. About 821 tons.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbar View Post

We went 3000' with crushed/recycled concrete. About 821 tons.
                            does anyone know if there is a place around Abilene that would sell and deliver recycled concrete ? i'm starting to think i could use the bucket and blade on my tractor to lay it down

Comment

I recently got a quote to blade and crown, 3" river rock base (very sandy soil) 6" of road base rolled and compacted to 4", 830' for $14k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                              X