Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What shoot are we all going to this weekend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you're wanting to get into knapping, Kevin Davis has gifted me some nice rock, a bunch of copper boppers, and at least 5 videos to help you get started.

Larry.....it'd be great to see you. I'm going to be in/out for one round due to family activities for one of the grandkids that I'm way too young to have, but I'll be there early to shoot one round. Hope things line up.

Comment

AJMAG I am in the Huffman area and I would be willing to take the rocks off your hands. What do you want for them?

Comment

Come on over to cowtown for our Texas Recurve Championship

https://www.facebook.com/cowtownbowm.../?l=9293d3260f

Comment

Originally posted by widdler View Post
          AJMAG I am in the Huffman area and I would be willing to take the rocks off your hands. What do you want for them?
          Have no clue what the value is in the knapping world. Figure might be worth 20. I'm flexible. Just would rather someone use them. Time is not on my side to learn something new. Pm me if you want to check it out. We'll see if i can work out time to meet up.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
            You are a dog, Darrell! Let me know how that shoot is. I have heard good things about it, and need to make it up there one of these years.

Y'all have fun!

Bisch

Woof ... Woof Jerry! Should be a blast and were looking forward to a change in temps.

Doc .... I contacted one of the folks associated with the shoot and here's what he said about it. I'm sure I'll have some pic's to share when we get back.

"Our shoot is a very low key, relaxed affair. We have 7 different adult courses scattered through the countryside, each with 12 Rinehart targets (except the Iron Man). "Competing" is on the honor system where you can grab a scorecard and score your rounds to turn in for prizes. We also have the Long Distance Shoot (closet to bullseye - you can shoot as much as you want but it costs per group of arrows), jug shoot (this is a one-on-one single elimination competition and a blast! Winner takes the pot), and Battle Clout. The schedule for the shoot will be at registration.

In general, to shoot the course, you can start and finish whenever you want. We have ~500 shooters and rarely is there a wait. Again, very relaxed."

Comment

Green PM sent

Comment

Dang, that does sound like a lot of fun!

Comment

Thanks for the PM Neuse. One of my friends sent me a text earlier and we cooked up a trade. Your PM reminded me I needed to let that be known.

Comment

I'm no where close to Texas BUT I took the plunge & registered to shoot the Longbow Division, wood arrows required at the 5 day outdoor NFAA Field Nationals in Pa. in July. That's 112 arrows a day 4 days & minimum 28 last day on the animal round.. Did it lastr year in S.D. with my compound. Regardless of score, I KNOW I'll have a fun time with the others shooting Longbows... 68" 50# Ozark Mountain & I'm pleased with the way I'm shooting it.. Mind you, I shot longbows & recurves 20 years b/4 taking up compounds. I'm shooting a Field round Sat & another Sunday at 2 different club ranges.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                    X