Bow String Length

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bow String Length

I'm still learning the Trad world of bows right now so forgive the ignorance. I need to order some new strings for my recurve. It is marked as a 58" bow. Do I then need a 58" AMO string? Thanks,

Jason

That "should" be correct! If it is a 58" recurve, you should need an actual string length of 54". If it is was a longbow, you would need an actual string length of 55".

Bisch
    Last edited by Bisch; 06-18-2015, 07:05 PM.

Comment

thankyou Bisch

Comment

The AMO standard is a gamble at best. The absolute best thing you can do to get an accurate string length is to measure the string while on the bow.

I sent you a PM.

Rick

Comment

Rick hit the nail on the head. I wish there was and end all for string length when it comes to traditional bows. Wait isn't that what AMO is supposed to be?
          Get the right bow string for your bow at 60X Custom Strings! We offer custom bow strings, crossbow strings, and so much more. Explore all we have to offer today!

Comment

You sting makers are going to throw rocks at me. Buy a 55 inch string and twist it about 60 times it will fit. Just kidding . Rick can fix you up . Arvin
            Last edited by Selfbowman; 06-22-2015, 09:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X