No announcement yet.

Restoring a recurve III

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looks good, can't wait to but my hands back on it for a little bit anyway......
    Thanks again.

Comment

Phenomenal job, as always.

Comment

Turned out very nice!

Comment

TMiddleton, can't share all my secrets but I will say the finish I used to blend in the stress cracks is a spray on finish.

bwkozak, you can't wait! I'm just as excited for the owners to get there bows back and let me know if they are happy or not, as they are to get them!

Thanks to everyone for the compliments, I really enjoy taking an old ruff bow and bring it back to top notch condition!

Comment

Absolutely remarkable!

Comment

I just the bow back and it don't even look like the same bow I sent to you...... It looks great and I know my FIL will love it. But man, you did a stand up job on it. Thanks again.

Comment

Great Job.............and then some!

Comment

Glad to hear you like it bwkozak! I was worring about it getting to you undamaged! I set it up for split finger shooting, and the brace hieght is a little low so there might be a little arm slap. That bow was really starting to look comfortable next to my other bows, I think it might of wanted to stay here???? Like I said earlier the closer I get to finishing one the more I want to keep it!

Comment

Excellent work

Comment

Well, bwkozak, here is a Thank You for allowing me to work on the bow and an extra Thank You for the gift! For those who are reading this bwkozak sent me a Christmas gift for the work I did on this bow. Just shows there is a lot of good people on the green screen!

Comment

I hope you enjoy the Christmas gift. If I ever come across another bow I will give YOU a hola to do it for me. Again, thanks for the fast turn around to get it back to me in time for Christmas....

Thanks,
                        Brad

Comment

Looks great!

Comment

Originally posted by RickBarbee View Post
                            Hey Matt.

I know this isn't exact, but it's the best I could do.
                            I couldn't find a clear image of the real decal.

Save this, size it to the size you need it (should be close already), and then print it on peal & stick (transparent) label paper.

When you strip the old finish off, just remove the old sticker along with it.

Once you get the bow ready to put a clear sealer back on it,
                            put the sticker on first, and seal over it.

Rick
                            Have you tried this method? I am refinishing a bow for my brother, and need a way to replace the decal.

Comment

Working...
                            X