Big Pig stalk footage...how big?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big Pig stalk footage...how big?

Well I decided I would take a recurve out yesterday stalking to try and get a first kill with it and nearly bit off more than I could chew!ha. I was quickly wishing for my compound back in the truck. Didn't end up getting a shot but I had them come within 6 yards and just needed to clear some brush. I had the smaller one clear but they ended up smelling me and blew out before fatty got clear. Still a awesome experience, the Ol ticker was going 90mph!

At first I just figured it was a big boar(actually at very first sight I thought it was a dang cow!) but after reviewing the vid and doing some zooming it looks like a sow, which is fine they can surprise you on the scales.

I'd like to hear you experienced swine hunters thoughts, I know it takes a big pig to get over 300 so curious if y'all think it could do it...sure is thick...looked like a frikkin volkswagon going away!

I took the compound out this morning to the same area and got two solid sows but not close to this one's league. Thanks

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQFKyko2W9U"]Big wild pig footage - McCulloch County TX - 9-12-16 - YouTube[/ame]

It's big enough!!!! Id say at least 300

Comment

Dang.....That's a big sucker.

Comment

Big ole pig Sloan, hope to see you around during dove/duck season this year.

Comment

Hogzilla my friend!

Comment

That looks like a 300# pig to me. I could not tell if it was a sow or boar but I've never seen a wild sow that big and I not only have seen 1000's of sows, I've looked at way over 100,000 pics of sows. My guess is it's probably a boar but ya never know and I wouldn't be completely shocked it it was a sow as it does have the shape of sow more then a boar. Big Boars tend to have a bigger front end then back end as in the picture below.
            Attached Files

Comment

Maybe a bar as big a rotund as it is. Why didn't you hit it with the recurve?

Comment

that there is a slab of pork

Comment

looks like a rhino

Big for sure

Comment

Hard to say without a reference but looks like a big one

Comment

Working...
                    X