Medicineman's 2017 season as live as possible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Medicineman's 2017 season as live as possible

Well, I guess I shall wade off into the waters with you guys this season and pass on all that I have the fortunes to encounter (or not encounter). I've got several deer I'd really like to get a crack at on a few different spots, and a few hunts elsewhere along the way.

This year will actually be the first in many that I will not be able to be in a tree waiting on a buck to pass by on opening morning as I'm heading out bright and early (actually in about 4 hours) to head for the mountains of New Mexico to chase after bear. Kinda bitter sweet as I've always wanted to shoot a bear, but there is just something about opening day of deer season that can't be matched! My procrastination powers within me are running strong as I just finished packing my bags a bit ago, and am still working on gathering all my Archery gear. Just put a few strokes on the leather with my heads to get them razor sharp!

Good luck to everybody heading out not only this weekend, but this season as a whole! Will try an put up as many pics of my trip as possible. Hopefully will have decent signal in the mountains.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Travel safe and best of luck on the hunt. Id miss opening weekend in Tx anytime if i my destination was NM.
    I love that place.

Comment

Enjoy your bear hunt. When you get back you can eat some bear meat at deer camp. Good hunting.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck Shiloh

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Sweet!! Good luck!!

Comment

Good luck with the bear MedMan

Comment

We ain't in southern Oklahoma anymore!

Comment

First glimpse of snow covered peaks. Just north of Santa Fe, about 2 hours from our destination.

Comment

I'm jealous.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm jealous too. It's 90 degrees here and sunny. Good luck and get home safe.

Comment

That looks awesome!!

Comment

Originally posted by yazoomon View Post
                        I'm jealous too. It's 90 degrees here and sunny. Good luck and get home safe.

Definitely a bit different weather than what we left at home. We arrived at Chama to an all out thunderstorm and a nice crisp 45degrees. I'm beginning to wonder if I brought enough clothes!

Made a quick pit stop at the local super market/hardware/sporting goods store. Not very often you see a life sized mounted bear standing on the freezer above the frozen chicken!

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Good luck Shiloh!! Man this spells the end for one unlucky bear. Cannot wait to see the pics.

Comment

Good luck Shiloh!!

Comment

Working...
                              X