No announcement yet.

Hey Oilfield Guys!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From what I've seen they just got overextended financing mid-continent assets that they bought a little early. Good or bad depends what they do with them and how much they can show they're worth.

Comment

Originally posted by Steelforce 15 View Post
      It's really sad our everyday life is subject to what another country is doing on the other side of the world..greed has also been a major factor in this..energy independence would be nice
      Jack Moore president and CEO of Cameron along with SLB president over drilling just left out facility about 15 minutes ago. They flew in this morning to speak about the acquisition by SLB. Tried to give the warm and fuzzy but i guess he can do that considering he's retiring next month and probably just cashed out his stocks with a 45% increase.

Comment

Originally posted by RaginCagin View Post
        Jack Moore president and CEO of Cameron along with SLB president over drilling just left out facility about 15 minutes ago. They flew in this morning to speak about the acquisition by SLB. Tried to give the warm and fuzzy but i guess he can do that considering he's retiring next month and probably just cashed out his stocks with a 45% increase.
        I'll take a guess as to what he said;

"This is a great acquisition that will benefit both sides. No jobs are in jeopardy. We will better better, stronger and more profitable by merging". I'm I even close?

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post

"This is a great acquisition that will benefit both sides. No jobs are in jeopardy. We will better better, stronger and more profitable by merging". I'm I even close?
          They always say that....and the part about no jobs being in jeopardy is always a lie, especially in this day and time.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post

Pretty dang close along with SLB and Cameron will now corner the market and expand its foot print and stick with a strong emphasis on safety and employee wellness.

Comment

Originally posted by txjustin View Post
              They always say that....and the part about no jobs being in jeopardy is always a lie, especially in this day and time.
              Yep!

That's kinda of why I typed all that. Been their done that and have the T-shirt.

Comment

Awesome..I feel much better now, hang in there RaginCagin, it's going to be a rough ride!

Comment

I went through a merger with SLB. it will take a couple years before they do anything substantial, then when they start, you better hold on to your hat.

if it were me, I wouldn't sweat it right now. A 3-4 years down the road, you won't recognize your company anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
                    I went through a merger with SLB. it will take a couple years before they do anything substantial, then when they start, you better hold on to your hat.

if it were me, I wouldn't sweat it right now. A 3-4 years down the road, you won't recognize your company anymore.
                    Exactly this. I've been through the same thing with them. Let me guess, they used the word "synergies" and cost savings a lot. Like kyle said, it will take them a while to "merge" everyone.

Comment

At least oil bounced back a little closing at $42.56

Comment

Originally posted by Simple Man View Post
                        Exactly this. I've been through the same thing with them. Let me guess, they used the word "synergies" and cost savings a lot. Like kyle said, it will take them a while to "merge" everyone.
                        Definition of synergy is talking money out of your wallet and burning it.

They say EPS accretion in year 1 and 2 will come from cost saving...generally from employee overhead. Unfortunate but more consolidation will happen.

Comment

My favorite phrase in our (non oil field) acquisition has been "go forward strategy"

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
                            At least oil bounced back a little closing at $42.56
                            Amen to that!! Hope it keeps climbing. $38 is awfully scary!

Comment

This is gonna take a while, don't expect it to bounce right back any time soon. Simple supply and demand, gotta get the supply down first.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X