Who is going to try and kill a deer with an air rifle next year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Da' Hitman View Post
    Hoping someone can explain why hunt with an air gun? I don't see the allure of air gun vs rifle
    Why hunt with a muzzleloader/bow/spear vs a rifle...its just personal preference. Less recoil and noise would be great for gun shy folks.

Comment

Originally posted by Cody2306 View Post
      Some people may have messed up in the past and arnt allowed to hunt with rifles. So air rifles would out them back in the game..

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk
      You mean like felons? Can a felon even purchase a hunting license? And are felons allowed archery? I know they're not allowed to be in possession of a firearm.

Is there any reaaon a hunter would choose an air gun vs rifle or bow? Are there some advantages with an air gun?

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhuntamistad View Post
        Why hunt with a muzzleloader/bow/spear vs a rifle...its just personal preference. Less recoil and noise would be great for gun shy folks.
        Ok that is the difference. Less recoil and noise

Comment

Originally posted by Da' Hitman View Post
          You mean like felons? Can a felon even purchase a hunting license? And are felons allowed archery? I know they're not allowed to be in possession of a firearm.

Is there any reaaon a hunter would choose an air gun vs rifle or bow? Are there some advantages with an air gun?
          Yeah felons can purchase a hunting license and can hunt with bows and air rifles. I hunt with a bow. (not successful yet) .

Comment

Yeah felons can purchase a hunting license and can hunt with bows and air rifles. I hunt with a bow. (not successful yet) .

You a felon bro?

Comment

Originally posted by slicktree View Post
              You a felon bro?
              Yes sir. I made a few mistakes growing up.

Comment

Muzzleloader some places as well. Today's inlines, there really is no handicap at moderate ranges. Its not like the deer is any deader with a rifle, dead is dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhuntamistad View Post
                  Muzzleloader some places as well. Today's inlines, there really is no handicap at moderate ranges. Its not like the deer is any deader with a rifle, dead is dead.
                  I've thought about muzzleloaders.

Comment

That's a man right there. Owning up to it.

Comment

The thought has crossed my mind, just to be different. As suggested, watch some YouTube videos of it. Some of those suckers hit pretty durn hard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We've all made stupid mistakes, Lord knows I have. Hopefully nothing serious and you've learned from it good luck with your bow hunting buddy

Comment

Originally posted by slicktree View Post
                          We've all made stupid mistakes, Lord knows I have. Hopefully nothing serious and you've learned from it good luck with your bow hunting buddy
                          Thanks you sir

Comment

Pretty much zero difference between a 50 cal muzzle loader and a 50 cal air gun. Well maybe 2K price difference....

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                              Nope. I don't shoot deer with a rifle. I'm a bowhunters.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk
                              This is how I feel but I'd like to kill one with my revolver though.Rifle hunting deer just doesn't sound much fun anymore.

Sent from my LG-M327 using Tapatalk

Comment

Big bore air rifles are what they are talking about. Not your typical bb gun!

Comment

Working...
                                X