6.5 creedmoor vs 6.5 grendel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats the Difference? and what is the better round for deer hunting?

Creed in a bolt rifle.

The Grendel is a great round and designed to run in an AR-15.

Ammo for the Creed is plentiful and cheap as is components, not so much on the Grendel. The creed will handle 140's even will work with the 150's where the Grendel would be anemic.

Now if I was building a top line AR for hunting the Grendel would top my list of choices.

Comment

About 400-500 fps difference using same bullet weights. Run the grendel if using an AR creedmoor if running a short action bolt gun.

Found a better pic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Last edited by westtexducks; 05-18-2018, 12:12 PM.

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

Creedmoor will run in an ar10

Comment

As said b4 its basically if you want AR or bolt gun... yes creed runs in a large frame but im not really a fan

If i was building bolt gun though right now i would look at 6mm creedmore...

Comment

I have both, and like both very much, they both kill deer, pigs, & yotes DEAD.

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
                About 400-500 fps difference using same bullet weights. Run the grendel if using an AR creedmoor if running a short action bolt gun.

Found a better pic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                well said

Comment

Originally posted by Triple 000 Buck View Post
                  I have both, and like both very much, they both kill deer, pigs, & yotes DEAD.
                  x'2. The CM, IMO & experience, is better at LONG range shots but what we consider LONG range where we hunt is 500+/- due to terrain and only in the cut out sendero's. The majority of "my" shots are about 150-250 yards and the Grendel has been DRT.

My "go to" is the Grendel in AR 15. You will hear a lot of complaints for available ammo in the Grendel, but we have a dealer here in Granbury that we buy from and John always has it in stock or can order. The thing I notice is there have been several Grendel's in the AR platform on classifieds for sale and I'm amazed at the price quoted? A few in the AR10 for the CM appear every once in a while and of course are always "custom" thus the higher price.

Guess I'm advocating the Grendel, but it fit's my requirements and has never failed to date.

Comment

I like the 308 AR-10 18in barrel 1-10 twist but looking for another good caliber.

Comment

In my opinion unless you have big fields full of hogs you need to clear out at once, you're better off with an accurate bolt action. For an accurate bolt action, not much can compete with a 6.5 creedmoor. Before the boating accident I had a bunch of ARs that looked great on paper (and on the message boards) but seldom got used in real life.

Comment

I prefer a creedmoor for deer hunting especially at distance. But the grendel is a absolute perfect kid round that I take out to shoot does. My 9 yo daughter killed 2 deer last year and with both pass through with the 123 gr sst. Both are low recoil grendel being less and being 6.5 they very accurate. If your shooting 300 yds plus creedmoor hands down. Anything under that grendel.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Grendel is a 300yd range and 6.5 CM 800yd.

Comment

Originally posted by coop2564 View Post

Can’t say I agree with that statement on the Grendel. Mine carries 1000 foot pounds of energy just beyond 500 yards and is still super sonic to nearly 1100 yards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                            Last edited by Mike D; 05-22-2018, 05:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by coop2564 View Post
                              The 6.5 Grendal was specifically designed to be AR15 mag friendly and provide 6BR like performance out to 1000 yrds. It is really coming into it's own between 300 and 800 yds.

Comment

Working...
                              X