Tiger Woods: Does Anybody Even Care?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SunsUpGunsUp View Post
    I found this on Google too but it's just wrong lol. He would routinely hit his 8 iron 178-180.
    I remember him hitting 7irons 210-220 at times with ease, I wouldn't trust numbers on the internet, sure they may have been averages but in his hay day he would over power every course he played...that's why you hear the term ''tiger proofing the course'' a lot because PGA venues had to adjust the course to tiger

Comment

Here is another I found. Probably closer to accurate.
      Driving distance of Tiger Woods
      Driving Distance. Woods was one of the longest drivers of the ball on Tour between 2004 and 2006, averaging 303.24 yards off the tee during that time period. However, since 2010 Woods' average driving distance has dropped to 295 yards.

I found this on Google too but it's just wrong lol. He would routinely hit his 8 iron 178-180.

Comment

A lot of opinions being thrown around, but I really think y'all are overlooking Happy Gilmore's impact on golf.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostgoblin22 View Post
          I remember him hitting 7irons 210-220 at times with ease, I wouldn't trust numbers on the internet, sure they may have been averages but in his hay day he would over power every course he played...that's why you hear the term ''tiger proofing the course'' a lot because PGA venues had to adjust the course to tiger
          Yep. As much as I love Spieth, we'll never hear jordan-proofing. With the exception of 2013, he's been bad since 2010. And he has STILL won 24% of the events he has entered lol. Tiger has played 328 events. At spieth's rate, he'll have 27 wins by his 328th event. Not 79 wins. For those that want to compare. And this is coming from a huge spieth fan.

Comment

Don't care.

Comment

Yep. As much as I love Spieth, we'll never hear jordan-proofing. With the exception of 2013, he's been bad since 2010. And he has STILL won 24% of the events he has entered lol. Tiger has played 328 events. At spieth's rate, he'll have 27 wins by his 328th event. Not 79 wins. For those that want to compare. And this is coming from a huge spieth fan.
              same here, I love spieths grindess, he will win a lot but no one will ever win like tiger, you even hear it from the top guys on tour, they always say no one will ever do what tiger did...

Comment

Part of the edge Tiger had when he was dominating was the mental intimidation he had over the rest of the field.
                Today, nobody is intimidated by him, especially the younger guys that are competing at the top today.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by LWC View Post
                  Tiger was the man. He intimidated his opponents into submission. He was a freaking machine that could make any clutch putt, chip in on you, knock it stiff from the woods. It was truly amazing. I'm not sure there has been a more dominate figure in sports in my lifetime. MJ is close. Maybe Tyson before he got into raping?

Then that faithful night his hot wife found out he was tagging all the waffle house waitresses and hit him in the head with a nine iron. That was it. She tore off his cape and he was never the same. Not even close. Everyone, including himself found out that he was not super human.
                  Where is the Waffle House you speak of?

Comment

Originally posted by JHT View Post
                    Where is the Waffle House you speak of?
                    you can probably find 90% of them on ****hub

Comment

if you serve darkness, and the one you serve turns on you, you are done.

anyone that says as a father of young kids and husband, being exposed as a scumbag, wont affect your mental game, they must be a complete sociopath. if that doesnt disturb you, woe woe woe.

Comment

He should never have messed with the white women!!!

Comment

Golf fans still care. Here is a three page thread on a guy that has played three rounds in the last year and a half. Tiger still moves the needle. I hope that he is able to overcome his injuries and get back on tour full time.

Comment

Lol.
                            Tiger totally revolutionized the sport. Even with his poor play these days the ratings are higher, which = $......so I doubt the PGA and sponsors feel like some on this thread. I hope him the best and would love to see a push for just 4 more. Prayers for continued healing and THANKS for the many years of incredible, earth shaking, record shattering entertainment!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                              Lol.
                              Tiger totally revolutionized the sport. Even with his poor play these days the ratings are higher, which = $......so I doubt the PGA and sponsors feel like some on this thread. I hope him the best and would love to see a push for just 4 more. Prayers for continued healing and THANKS for the many years of incredible, earth shaking, record shattering entertainment!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
                              X2

Comment

I will say this when Tiger gets into contention in another Major the ratings will be off the charts.

Comment

Working...
                                X