• Show
Clear All

hunt during the week, not the weekends.

Comment

Thermacell.

Comment

Snake boots

Comment

The OP started this thread 5 years ago. I wonder if he is still hunting Public and if he has had any success?

Comment

Originally posted by jkelbe View Post
            The OP started this thread 5 years ago. I wonder if he is still hunting Public and if he has had any success?

Correction, 15 years ago.

He was prob eaten alive by the hogs.

Comment

He must be still alive and must have ate almost all the hogs , I find hog sign but I never see them in the daytime ,my camera sees them about 8pm and about 1 am , not sure if you can hunt exit night time out there or not I think they go by the book and I think on hogs this Indian all means which would mean nighttime too

Comment

Originally posted by Blessed to hunt View Post
                He must be still alive and must have ate almost all the hogs , I find hog sign but I never see them in the daytime ,my camera sees them about 8pm and about 1 am , not sure if you can hunt exit night time out there or not I think they go by the book and I think on hogs this Indian all means which would mean nighttime too
                You can hunt pigs at night on LBJ. You can even use lights out there to hunt them. They do ask that you give the office a courtesy call to let them know what unit/units you'll be night hunting on in case they get calls about it. At least that's what they told me about 15 years ago when I asked the forest ranger at the Decatur office about it.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks a lot I appreciate it ,I am literally sitting here trying to decide whether it's worth the gas money to go out there again ,I went this morning ,was beautiful though ,kind of windy, probably going to go early about 4-5 am

Comment

It's been a while but back when I used to hunt San Angelo SP, there were several occasions when we saw deer next to the gate when walking back from our hunt that night. IDK that you would have that issue with hogs in that area but, food for thought.

Comment

Thanks , I've been hunting the spot in the woods that they've been tearing up really bad Long Creek bed but I did notice that they have been tearing it up closer to the road closer to where I park recently

Comment

Working...
                      X