No announcement yet.

Tab or glove?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you are going to Gap shoot then I would suggest three under!

Comment

I just realized you have the best name of anyone. FamousAmos were a huge treat when I was deployed and now they bring mini bags in to training too! Just had to let ya know.

Comment

I could never get comfortable with tabs. I used Damascus gloves for years. The last year I've used a Neet glove and love the long finger stalls. It's the only glove I've found that works well with my deep hook.

Comment

I switch to tab Love it

Comment

Glove here, split finger. But you try and do what feels and works best for you.

Comment

Dura glove for me. Tab just don't feel right

Comment

Ive used both. You have a "break in" period with a glove but i prefer it over a tab. I guess i just like the feel of a glove better

Comment

I use tabs, mine is a palm tab, I have it on my wrist with a string and it can dangle out of my way until I need it. If you have a glove on....it is on. I like having my hands free for using my phone, climbing a ladder, using the flashlight, whatever.

Comment

According to the former Olympic Coach Len Cardinale a tab will generally give you a cleaner release than a glove, but for hunting a glove gives you a better chance to quickly nock a second arrow. That's the only thing I've ever heard to guide you one way or the other, other than, as was said several times, shoot what feels good to you.

Comment

I started out using a glove years ago.

I tried tabs on & off many times, but literally hated them & always gave it up after a couple of days.

I finally decided I would try the tab again, and give it two weeks of use. Whether I liked it or not, I would use it exclusively for two weeks.

It was all just a matter of learning how to use the tab & getting used to it.

By the end of the second week you could not have chased me down to give me a brand new high dollar glove for free. Still couldn't.

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by RickBarbee View Post
                        I started out using a glove years ago.

I tried tabs on & off many times, but literally hated them & always gave it up after a couple of days.

I finally decided I would try the tab again, and give it two weeks of use. Whether I liked it or not, I would use it exclusively for two weeks.

It was all just a matter of learning how to use the tab & getting used to it.

By the end of the second week you could not have chased me down to give me a brand new high dollar glove for free. Still couldn't.
                        Rick
                        This right here is exactly what I did. For me a tab is so much easier to use, carry and dip snuff.

Comment

I have used both over the years, but about 10 years ago I got hold of a Neet Palm Tab and have been using it, or home made versions of it, since then.

Comment

Bill, I bought that Saxon and have been siting well. I need to learn the tap method. Thus far just shooting instinctively.

Comment

Split finger tab.

Comment

Working...
                              X