Best glue for fletchings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
    2 uncut feathers. Slows down pretty quick. farthest I could get them to travel was about 35 yards aiming at 45 degrees.

Killed many a Robin way back about 50 years ago with those flu-flus and snaro hoops.
    Robins are good eating just like dove.

Comment

AAE Max Bond

Comment

Whatever you do, make sure whatever adhesive you use is fresh! Just last weekend I fletched a dozen 1916s and within a 4 or 5 shots each, the vanes were popping off on impact with the target! I had used some CA glue that I had opened about 6 months ago, and it had lost it's holding power. A fresh batch of Gorilla CA (Blue Top for me, as well) and another hour later, I had freshly fletched 1916s. Since re-fletching with fresh glue, I have shot the new vanes several dozen times each and have given them the smash and tug test, and they are rock solid!

cricman

Comment

Been using tape for years, will never go back to that messy old glue!

Comment

fletch tape sucks in the cold

Comment

Loctite Ultra Control Gel

Comment

Loctite Ultra gel is what I started using since the Scotch Super strength glue failed me recently. I use 40% off coupons for Joanns Fabrics and Hobby Lobby which helps keep the price down. Been making arrows for 50 years and this Locktite is some pretty good stuff.

Comment

loctite ultra control gel works for me have not tried fletch tape yet but I will give at a try.

Comment

Super glue...

Comment

Fletch tape... Hands down. Even worked on my real turkey feathers that I cut and sanded myself

Comment

Blue lid lock tite

Comment

Hands down AAE max bond, the loctite control gel works but it looks terrible after it dries plus the fumes give me a headache, I also dot with fletchtite platinum but its not really necessary.

Originally posted by EnW View Post
                          I'm trying this stuff on the arrows I'm building right now. I haven't field tested it yet but it seems like it's going to work great.
                          That stuff works great where you need a flexible bond but not a flexible as silicone, works great for patching holes in rubber boots and neoprene wader but not flething arrows.

Comment

Working...
                          X