Big Caldwell County Buck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big Caldwell County Buck

Just now getting around to posting this but wanted to share a couple pictures of the big 10 point I shot out at the ranch during bow season. I hunted him the second half of deer season last year and didn't see him until the last evening of the season about 2 minutes after last shooting light. I watched him all off season and thought I had him patterned until he disappeared the first and second weekend of bow season.

Since he wasn't showing up I decided to sit the stand where I saw him last season just in case he decided to stop by. Sure enough my first morning sit in that stand I see a big ol rack through some oak branches. I start shaking as I recognize the rack immediately. He follows a doe in and about 45 seconds latter I let a Ramcat rip on a nice quartering away shot.

He takes off and I'm a little nervous as I see my arrowing flopping around with what looks like bad penetration as he runs off. Sure enough when I climb down I go find my arrow and only the last 4 inches are broken but there is a nice blood trail. I decide to back out and go get my two buddies (The Cajun and Patton) just incase. We come back about 30 minutes later and start on the trail. The blood trail was huge and only lasted about 35 yards into some brush. I couldn't believe how big he was when I walked up on him. Turns out the shot was perfect and excited his opposite arm pit and when he took off had snapped the end of the FMJ arrow off.

He is my biggest bow buck to date at 148 2/8 and my buddies The Cajun and Patton shot their biggest bow bucks the same weekend at the ranch which made it even sweeter.
    Attached Files

Outstanding bucks and congrats!

Comment

Beautiful deer. That double throat patch will look great on the wall. Congrats.

Comment

Awesome buck and great 3 fer,congrats fellas

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Awesome deer, Congrats to all three of you!

Comment

Nice and symetric

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats, and good times for three good buddy's

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Congrats!!!

Comment

Great buck. For that county, that is a Booner! Congrats

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Sweet! Got all excitedly reading/hearing that story again. Going to be hard to top that weekend!

Comment

Heck of a deer, congrats!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X