water ideas???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

water ideas???

I'm thinking about buying a 100+ gal water trough for my deer lease for the deer. I have no natural water source on the property. Has anyone ever tried this and did it work?

Why don't you score one of those 225 gallon foam totes? You can get them from $65 to $100.
    Few years ago I seen guys DIY section using these and float valves with a trough to keep water in the area. Seem to look like it was a benifit. Also seen gutter systems rigged up to catch any rain to add back to the tote.

Comment

I have one of the Oasis water tanks, sadly they have gone out of business. It works good, most deer get a drink before they leave my fed pen.

Comment

Yes yes yes!!! Water helps, there are hundreds of ways to put out water. There is lots of info on here if you do a search and read some. I'll send you a PM.

Comment

This is a topic that I have lots of interests in so..... You have thousands of options with hundreds of variables. Sent my contact info in the PM feel free to give me a shout.

Comment

We used a 250 gallon tank with a small trough and float seems to be working ok
            Last edited by Schulz68; 08-16-2015, 07:19 PM.

Comment

Comment

We built some, you can see them in this thread Post #8 and #66

To find how much water you will catch on a certain area--- surface catching area multiplied by .623= how many gallons of water you catch per inch of rain fall. So with a tin frame that is 8x8= 64 x .623=39.872 gallons captured per 1" of rain

You can also use this same formula to see how much rain fell on your entire ranch, or portions of the ranch. Can be interesting to monitor if you have wet-weather springs or creeks.

Comment

Working...
                X