Deer Processors: The Good, Bad and Ugly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deer Processors: The Good, Bad and Ugly

Each season about this time I like to start a thread for hunters to post up their best, or perhaps worst processor in the area(s) they hunt. I totally understand that quite a few of you do your own processing, and for that I salute you and honestly look forward to the time when I will do that again. But for now.....

Post up your processors and let us know. Maybe throw in price if you can.

Hamilton's in Weatherford, TX - personally I will never use this place again.

I am going to give Dan's Smokehouse a try this year. I've heard good reviews.

Comment

I've used BJ Whaley's Processing on the south side of Hamilton on 281 for over 10 years now. His prices are reasonable and everyone likes his smoked sausage when I have it made. Last year I paid an average of $110 to have a deer processed there. BJ is a good guy as well.

Comment

Smitty's (formerly SilverSeal) - same great recipes... minus grumpy old woman.
        Off Mahaffey Rd in Tomball
        Only place I take my processing.

Comment

Klein smokehaus in Boerne is who i use.

Comment

I haven't been lucky enough to kill a deer since I moved here to East Tx, but Imve heard good things about Masingill's in Lufkin. Back in Corpus, I always used A&A off Greenwood. They do a great job.

Comment

Miller's in Belton, Tx

Comment

Cinnamon Creek (formerly Syracuse) is my processor. Joe, Joey, Tracey and the team have always taken care of me.

Comment

I have been using Hamilton Quality Meats in Hamilton for the past 8 years and never had any issue. I have called a few times late Saturday to see if they could stay open past closing time so i could drop off my deer on the way home. They have every time.

Comment

Stephen's in Abilene

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Griffiths in Burnet, been using him for years and is always perfect.

Comment

Bellville Meat Market and Prasek's both do a great job for me.

Comment

Best: J-RODS processing in silsbee, tx

Worst: Mitchell Rd meats in lumberton, tx. to be fair, they do a good job, just don't let his wife take your order unless you want 10 lbs of Jerky instead of the 1 lb you ordered and then be told, sorry, you should have made it more clear when you ordered!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

I use BlueBonnet in Trenton, Tx.

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
                              Each season about this time I like to start a thread for hunters to post up their best, or perhaps worst processor in the area(s) they hunt. I totally understand that quite a few of you do your own processing, and for that I salute you and honestly look forward to the time when I will do that again. But for now.....

Post up your processors and let us know. Maybe throw in price if you can.
                              Great thread, thanks. Might I make a suggestion? Post up only YOUR personal experience. Sometimes people pile on places because they heard from someone else. I started doing mine again the last couple years, before then I always had good luck with Jacksons in Crosby and they were very reasonable.

Comment

Working...
                              X