D3000 vs. Olympus E520

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

D3000 vs. Olympus E520

ok, I could use a little help here. Looking for my first camera and do not want to make a mistake. I've narrowed it down to these two based on options and price. But as I understand it the Olympus E520 uses an older processor so when I dial up the ISO it will not perform as well as the D3000. Is this true and is there anything else I should know? It's just that E520 2 lens kit for $550 is pretty attractive....Or should I buy the basic D3000 now and wait for the next lens?

Bottom line I just want to be able to shoot the kids sporting events and wildlife well.

Whoa, someone asking about Olympus! First, one of my bodies is the E-520. I have had pretty good results with it. Regardless of which you choose, fast glass is the best choice for what you are wanting to shoot if in low light conditions. Oly's kit lenses do an excellent job. Olympus has used and changed to different processors in their different models and is not known for the best high ISO results although they have improved in their latest offerings. I watch what I shoot and use noise reduction software. I can't comment on the D3000.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Comment

Working...
    X