Refrigerator help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Refrigerator help

Looking for a good french door refrigerator with an ice maker that won't quit.
    I have a two-year-old Samsung the ice maker is ridiculous and they will not change the design the new one s have the same ice maker.

From the reviews seems LG's have compressor problems.

Perplexed!

Want to spend 3k or less

No suggestions?
    Someone here has to sell appliances

Comment

Can't offer much help, but I am in the same situation with our Samsung. Its 2 or 3 years old, and the ice maker is terrible.

Comment

Keep your fridge and buy a stand alone ice maker

Comment

Ice trays? That is what was always in my grandparents freezer. Hard to beat science.

Yeah I know worthess help

Comment

You won't find one with an ice maker that won't quit. Look at Electrolux or Frigidaire. I have sold them for years and done the service on them and the ice maker is not bad and if it quits you can replace it in 5 minutes and $50.

Comment

Thank you for the advice.
              I have a spare for my Samsung now.
              Every 2 months I have to thaw out and swap them.
              I feel like rolling it to the curb every 2 months I was trying to avoid this unhealthy feeling lol

Comment

Originally posted by cbd10pt View Post
                Thank you for the advice.
                I have a spare for my Samsung now.
                Every 2 months I have to thaw out and swap them.
                I feel like rolling it to the curb every 2 months I was trying to avoid this unhealthy feeling lol
                That is the exact problem I had. I can't say its fixed, but I am on month 4 without thawing out or chipping ice. On the bottom of the ice maker, it does not seal against the wall very well. I put a bead of silicone on that, and sealed it up.

Comment

I know the feeling with Samsung ice maker problems. I’m actually waiting on a phone call right now from corporate to proceed with a refund. Our refridge is 2 years old and ice maker has been completely replaced 4 times. Same issue every time. They are refunding the new price due to design flaws they know about. I’m researching replacement as well.

Comment

A buddy of mine who is a repair man told me don't buy any phone makers appliances. Stick with the old brand names

Comment

Working...
                    X