2013-2014 Lake Grapevine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

The three of us were fairly close together and texting each other. A herd of squirrel hunters come through and all you could hear was scrunch scrunch of each step and then they would start blasting away at something. Then you heard scrunch scrunch scrunch BANK BANG BANG. They wouldnt walk very far at all before blasting away again. All of us were freaking out because they seemed to be right behind ALL of us and we couldnt ever see them. Then a squirrel runs right up our buddy's tree and he started freaking out texting us and we replied "shoo it away shoo it away"....LOL He just knew they were chasing the squirrel that ran up beside him... Probably had to be there but it has been our squirrel hunter warning every since!

Comment

Now that's funny!

Comment

Originally posted by LeftyCreed View Post
          Now that's funny!
          We dont kill anything out there but we have still had some good times tromping around out there with all the other crazies....

Comment

I'm looking forward to it

Comment

That squirrel story is pretty dang funny. I can picture that whole scene. Hilarious!

Comment

Don't forget the guys running hog dogs illegally. I had about 3-4 guys running 10 dogs all over me one morning and they had no clue where there dogs were and all the dogs did was bark. Worst hunt I have ever had out there.

Comment

Originally posted by flufster View Post
                  We dont kill anything out there but we have still had some good times tromping around out there with all the other crazies....
                  We kill TIME.... Just ask my wife!!!

Comment

You guys are making it sound like a free for all out there. Sounds like the deer out there are pretty safe.

What is your honest opinion about the better place to bowhunt deer - Grapevine or LBJ?

Comment

LBJ for sure seen deer out there nearly every time

Comment

Originally posted by Vermin93 View Post
                        You guys are making it sound like a free for all out there. Sounds like the deer out there are pretty safe.

What is your honest opinion about the better place to bowhunt deer - Grapevine or LBJ?
                        It is a free for all out there! There's very little rule enforcement that goes on at grapevine, I've hunted LBJ before and never seen anyone until gun season came around, and you don't have to deal with non-hunters as much.

Comment

Originally posted by bdavid1020 View Post
                          LBJ for sure seen deer out there nearly every time
                          Ok, that makes sense but now I'm confused. Why would a guy from N Fort Worth and other guys from the area spend even one minute at Grapevine where it's a free for all when they could drive a little further and have better hunting at LBJ? I'm asking because I haven't been to either place yet and I'm still thinking about where I'm going to spend my deer hunting time this season if I get drawn for Grapevine.

Comment

It's closer

Comment

Can everyone please post aerials or GPS coordinates to your favorite areas?

Kidding, but the thread last year sure was entertaining. Guys asking who they saw out there, sorry if that was you i walked under, who's truck that was, post up your name, etc.

My best season out there, I regularly saw people on atvs. Can't fix stupid, and they're right...they've always done it and they've never been caught. I just mind my biz and hunt.

Comment

Is it allowed and feasible to use a canoe to get back in there deep? It's hard to tell from the Google maps picture how much water is in that creek that goes back in there.

Comment

Working...
                                X