No announcement yet.

Heating Your Travel Trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To get heat up quick I turn the burners on the oven on plus a little electric heater in the bedroom. Once heat gets up I turn 2 of the burners off and leave one on low and leave the little heater on cycle in bedroom. I have a 27' travel trailer.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
      We have a 34’ 5th wheel and when it’s below 30 we have to run (2) electric heaters and supplement with the furnace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      Same here, but 31' and have to run them on low or they'll trip a breaker when the coffee pot comes on in the am .

I set the central heater thermostat to come on at 63 or so incase the two little heaters need some help.

Comment

I use an electric heater under the return air and run the circulation fan on all night.

Comment

Originally posted by killin stick View Post
          To get heat up quick I turn the burners on the oven on plus a little electric heater in the bedroom. Once heat gets up I turn 2 of the burners off and leave one on low and leave the little heater on cycle in bedroom. I have a 27' travel trailer.
          That's a good way not to wake up.

Comment

Originally posted by TXJIM View Post
            I hate to use the furnace as the constant cycling on and off wakes me up. And it burns a lot of propane. I use the furnace to get to temp quick and then run an oil filled heater to maintain. It works great for me.
            Exactly what i did. Leave the oil heater plugged in 24/7 because they take a while to heat up. Put a small fan behind the oil heater to disperse the air.

Comment

Love the red line heaters lol. I've used them my whole life.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

I use a little ceramic heater in the bathroom and electric mattress cover on the bed. if it gets real cold i'll run the furnace just enough to knock the chill down.

Comment

Parabolic dish heater from Costco. Low energy consumption. Never tripped a breaker in my 31' RV. Mice used the furnace for their nesting area. Fire waiting to happen. Several hunters in Foard County died in an RV fire a few years ago from mice nesting in their furnace.

Comment

Dyson air treatment products include air purifiers, humidifiers, heaters and fans. Free shipping & 2 year warranty available on all air purifiers for air treatment.

Comment

I've always used a couple of the $15 electric heaters from Walmart. Never a problem and keep my 30' travel very warm.
                      Last edited by Traildust; 12-12-2017, 07:43 AM.

Comment

I don't have electricity, I use the Heater buddy propane heater...Works great! I use it in my deer blind as well...Very portable. 69.99 at Wally World!

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                          That's a good way not to wake up.
                          You beat me to it. In Pittsburgh (PA) every winter there are stories of folks not waking up because the burner, or oven, went out and filled the house with gas. That's a bad idea.

Comment

Originally posted by killin stick View Post
                            One of my best friend lost his daughter her boyfriend and his dad last year by doing something like this. They all never woke up again, it happened around the Mason area. I use my furnace but I make sure my monitor is working.

Comment

I just use the trailer furnace.

Comment

Originally posted by dallred View Post
                                Parabolic dish heater from Costco. Low energy consumption. Never tripped a breaker in my 31' RV. Mice used the furnace for their nesting area. Fire waiting to happen. Several hunters in Foard County died in an RV fire a few years ago from mice nesting in their furnace.

How do those work? I know you can feel the heat a good ways away from it when you walk by in the store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X