No announcement yet.

Tiger Woods: Does Anybody Even Care?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love him are hate him, he is the Mohammad Ali of golf. He brought it back to prime time when he was in the mix. Much like Mohammad Ali did to boxing. They both could back up their talk. JMO!

Comment

Originally posted by bullets13 View Post
      He was the only reason I watched the pga for a long time, and I haven't tuned in often since he's declined.
      My thoughts exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
        My thoughts exactly.

Then you boys are missing out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

He was the only reason I watched the pga for a long time, and I haven't tuned in often since he's declined.
          Lots of great players on the tour.

Comment

Originally posted by CoolHandLuke View Post
            Lots of great players on the tour.
            But no dominant ones. Some show flashes of it, but nothing like what Tiger did week in and week out for so long.

Comment

But no dominant ones. Some show flashes of it, but nothing like what Tiger did week in and week out for so long.

That's because there are so many more great players now than there were when Tiger started. He will face the toughest competition he's ever seen this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                That's because there are so many more great players now than there were when Tiger started. He will face the toughest competition he's ever seen this year.

Agreed. But I used the same argument when trying to explain why tiger was better than Jack. Every year the competion gets better, and the technology keeps narrowing the gap as well.

Comment

all the good guys that are dominant now are because Of Tiger woods. The golf boom was because of him. i would like to see him stay healthy and play a few rounds. Always enjoyed watching him work.

Comment

Tiger hasn't won a major in 9 years!

Comment

Tiger hasn't won a major in 9 years! He had an eleven year run that was amazing but from the age of 32 he hasn't won one.

Comment

For a 15 year stretch he was the best ever, and its not even close.
                        The guy was feared when his name was on the leader board. He made great golfers melt down with intimidation. He forced them to try to play beyond their capabilities. I love Jack Nicklaus, but pick any 15 year stretch of his career and Tiger would have blown him off the course. With that being said his downfall was self induced and has no sympathy for him. These guys on tour now should be thanking him daily for the money that is in the game now.
                        Yes, I am rooting for him

Comment

How 'bout now?

-3; tied for 7th after first round

Comment

Tiger has been good for the game. Have some respect. That's like saying Fred Bear was a long time ago and doesn't matter to the Bow hunting outdoorsman of today...

Comment

I love Tiger. Always will and hope he wins again

Comment

Still has a fowl mouth and bad temper...

Which is one of the main reasons I don't like him. Do you want your children idolizing that crap? He's tied for 8th and only beat 7 guys. Put a full field on his tail and see if he's 8th. There are only 18 players in the tourney.
                                Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
                                How 'bout now?

-3; tied for 7th after first round

Comment

Working...
                                X