Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well Sacagawea is now in my possession and I just opened the box. What a nice looking bow and an even greater experience for me to have on this trip along with everyone else! Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352306240.373554.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	65.3 KB
ID:	24137957
    My name is Jason Sanders and I'm from Bay City,TX. I am thirty three years old , and I am married to my best friend and lovely wife Lanie. We have been married for four and a half years and have a wonderful nineteen month old little boy named Mason. He is our pride and joy! I work for Lyondellbasell as a plant operator in Clemville,TX.Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352306145.307199.jpg
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	24137956
    My journey with traditional archery was spawned right here on the green screen. It all happened several years ago when I stumbled on this site and began looking around. I have been shooting guns and bows since I was little. I was involved in 4-H shooting sports going to archery tournaments and always did well. I have always enjoyed watching the flight of the arrow and have always wanted to try out traditional archery. What intrigued me about it was the simplicity, and the skills that one has to pertain to be proficient at it. I got to looking around on the trad forum and got started asking questions. Well as everyone here knows, there is a wealth of knowledge and great people that are willing to help! People like Bisch, Deb, and multiple others I'm probably leaving out kept saying what I needed to do was go see this bowyer named Bob Sarrels and he could fix me up, and that he did! I met Bob at his shop one early morning two November's ago, and from the instant we met and started talking I was hooked. I told my wife that I was merely going to look and to see what it was all about. It didn't take long for me to find a bow that when I shot, it was hitting right where I was looking. Bob kept giving me pointers and I had shot several different bows but always kept going back to the same one! It was a 58" Blackhills II 50@28" draw. The poundage felt great and the bow and I seemed to like each other enough that I just couldn't leave it there!Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352306057.005277.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	77.3 KB
ID:	24137955
    Fast forward to October 2011. I kept shooting my bow and felt confident that I could comfortably shoot a deer out to twenty yards with my bow so I had changed up all my feeder setup's and moved out the tree stands and put up ground blinds. One early morning in October while sitting in my ground blind I had a doe and two fawns come in and the doe wasn't doing her part to give me a shot! I was shaking uncontrollably as if there was a 200" buck in front of me. Well she finally gave me the shot quartering away, I drew, picked a spot of white hair low behind her shoulder, and watched the mystical flight of the arrow until it hit the exact spot I was looking! She ran fifty yards and piled up! I was hooked after that and have since then sold all my compounds.Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352306004.299965.jpg
Size:	107.0 KB
ID:	24137954
    In April 2012 I had my first opportunity to go to a trad shoot. It was going to be at Vanderpool and since it was going to be the same time as my little boy Mason's birthday we decided to make it a family trip! I had a blast meeting people, putting names to faces and getting to shoot! It was a blast and can't wait for my next. It was then and there that my wife had seen so many women shooting and decided she wanted to as well. The next thing I knew we were taking another trip to Bob's! Lanie started shooting a few bows he had and was doing pretty good for never even picking up a bow before in her life. With some coaching from Bob and some from me, she was hitting her mark most of the time. She had decided that she wanted her "own" bow made, so she picked out the woods for the riser and limbs. Bob did his magic and put out a wonderful little bow for her and now she is hooked! Needless to say I'm a lucky man! I have a wife that loves to hunt and now shoots a bow with me.
    I am about to have two weeks off to hunt so hopefully I will be able to harvest an animal with Sacagawea! Wish me luck! I also want to thank everyone that has ever helped me, answered questions, or gave suggestions, because without great people such as yourselves I would not be here today telling you this story of my journey with traditional archery equipment! Jason

Comment

Excellent read, Jason! Good luck with Sacajawea for the month. I hope you knock something down with her.

Bisch

Comment

Jason, Congrats on the intro! Go take SACA out and let her soar!

Comment

Fine read Jason. Good luck with her.

Comment

good post Chunky...as always

Comment

Good read Jason and good luck with the little lady. Don't be shy about posting. We are all eager to hear the news.

Comment

That was a very nice bio write-up Jason. Best of luck with our bow.

Comment

Wow! This is really cool deal you guy's have going on! I have been quite entertained at all the story's and Pic's! This is the true spirit of bowhunting and the special bond we all have as bow hunters i would love to get my name on the list to give her a try my self . keep the story's coming and good luck to all that are using her

Comment

Great writeup. Good luck!

Matt

Comment

Good luck Jason.
                      I enjoyed your write up and meeting your beautiful family, even though it would be better in person. Good luck and have fun.

Comment

Good write up Jason . How are you shooting old wiggles. Hope you get something with the bow.

Comment

Started shooting Sacagawea today! She shot pretty quick for only pulling 40 pounds at my 26" draw. My question to y'all that have had your turn with her before is, what grain broadhead were y'all using with the 600 spine arrows? I only have some 145 and 160 heads. I will be hunting for the next ten days so I hope to get her dialed in and drawing some blood! The deer are not cooperating at my place though. They are not coming to corn and not much movement at all. I'm planning on hunting some crossings and trails to see if that will change my luck.

Comment

I never hunted with her while I had her, but I bet a 125 grain BH would fly good out of her.

Comment

Great idea and super write-ups. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

We should be in for a story any day now?

Jason don't be holding out on us.

Comment

Working...
                                X