Primos 60 - Junk/Boat Anchor - Stay Away - Very Far Away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Primos 60 - Junk/Boat Anchor - Stay Away - Very Far Away

Got a Primos 60 a couple of months ago on clearance (not the Ultra).

I now know why this hunk of junk boat anchor was on sale. It STINKS.

Worked properly for the first 30 days. Since then it works fine for a day or two then starts taking a picture literally every minute, all day, all night, every day until the SD card is full. Doesnt matter if batteries are brand new or 40% - this camera simply does not work and it is not worth the frustration. The images of nothing are great and sure is fun to try to sort through 2800 images of absolutely nothing.

My BIL (Comet) also had a Primos camera that had the opposite problem. It would not take pics but on rare occassion - regardless of how you had the sensitivity. It stunk and was worthless.

I know game cameras are hit or miss and some folks swear by Primos, but my Wildgame Innovations cheap $40 camera works better.

My advice - stay away from Primos cameras.

I have 3 primos and 2 work. The non-working one is as you described only it took about 6 months to die. Bought a Bushnell this summer and the word is still out on it. I know the Primos Ultra 35 I have is a bit shaky though--

Comment

Originally posted by wellingtontx View Post

Got a Primos 60 a couple of months ago on clearance (not the Ultra).

I now know why this hunk of junk boat anchor was on sale. It STINKS.

Worked properly for the first 30 days. Since then it works fine for a day or two then starts taking a picture literally every minute, all day, all night, every day until the SD card is full. Doesnt matter if batteries are brand new or 40% - this camera simply does not work and it is not worth the frustration. The images of nothing are great and sure is fun to try to sort through 2800 images of absolutely nothing.

My BIL (Comet) also had a Primos camera that had the opposite problem. It would not take pics but on rare occassion - regardless of how you had the sensitivity. It stunk and was worthless.

I know game cameras are hit or miss and some folks swear by Primos, but my Wildgame Innovations cheap $40 camera works better.

My advice - stay away from Primos cameras.
      Check and see if there is not a firmware update on their website. I don't think U should have to update them(should work from the get go)but it may help.

Comment

Working...
      X