New broadhead???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New broadhead???

Im looking to get into fixed blade BH's. Ive only used mechanicals mainly Schwackers with great results, but my curiousity is drifting me towards wanting to try a fixed blade. What are yalls suggestions as to what I should try??? 3 blade or 4??? Shootability???? Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

I'm a fan of Slick Trick Magnums.

Comment

Clint speaks the truth!

Comment

Originally posted by Tubby View Post
        X2.

I started with slick trick magnums. Got sold on Magnus snuffers, was disappointed when they kept breaking and went back to slick trick. Tried muzzy, went back to slick trick. Tried rage, went back to slick trick. I'm giving up on trying anything new. I'll be shooting slick trick till I die.

Comment

Slick Trick Magnums here as well...

Comment

Got mine in from Arrowsmith on TBH. And shot them today. Fly really good

Comment

I love the NAP Blood Runners. Fly real good and leave a hell of a blood trail

Comment

Originally posted by C9H13NO3 View Post
                X2.

I started with slick trick magnums. Got sold on Magnus snuffers, was disappointed when they kept breaking and went back to slick trick. Tried muzzy, went back to slick trick. Tried rage, went back to slick trick. I'm giving up on trying anything new. I'll be shooting slick trick till I die.
                Amen. Fly like field points and are scary sharp, plus the blades are heavier (thicker) than most.

Comment

I Went to the Slick Trick web site.....they look like good heads....has anyone tried The Grizz Trick 2's with the 1 1/4in blades??? I am most curious about the cutting diameters?? Im used to 2in 2 blade mech's, will I get similar blood trails with the Slick's or other fixed? what about 3 blade vs 4 blades??

Comment

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCtAfghP5YA"]Blood trailing shot boar slick trick - YouTube[/ame]

Here's a video of the blood trail from a 250lb boar I shot with a slick trick. No pass through, so even with the arrow in him and fat sealing around it, massive trail. I'm pleased. Had good trails on every animal I've shot, passthrough or not.

Comment

Originally posted by BubbaHFD View Post
                      I Went to the Slick Trick web site.....they look like good heads....has anyone tried The Grizz Trick 2's with the 1 1/4in blades??? I am most curious about the cutting diameters?? Im used to 2in 2 blade mech's, will I get similar blood trails with the Slick's or other fixed? what about 3 blade vs 4 blades??
                      I used to shoot Rocket Hammerheads... 3 blade mechanical with a 2" cutting diameter. Had great success with it. Decided to try Slick Tricks a few years ago and haven't looked back! (when I put it where it's supposed to go). Excellent blood trails.

Slick Trick's 4 blade will open up a larger hole rather than a larger diameter. Ever sliced open a milk jug? Single slice represents a 2 blade. A 3 way cut represents a 3 blade. A cross cut represents a 4 blade. Which one will allow more water to flow from the milk jug?

Comment

Muzzy.

Comment

Smoke Ramcats!

Comment

I shoot a 175 gn vpa 3 blade

Comment

Originally posted by Tubby View Post
                              What he said!

Comment

Working...