Caddo grasslands fannin county?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Caddo grasslands fannin county?

Was thinking of trying this place out looking for hogs and start scouting for deer season. Just wondering how crowded this place is during bow season? I know the farther in you go the better but just wanted to see how crowded it gets.

I've bowhunted there a couple of times. Didn't hardly see any other hunters.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Did you happen to have any luck seeing anything

Comment

One of the units up there is archery only for general season also.

Comment

Originally posted by MD2TX View Post
          Thanks for the reply. Did you happen to have any luck seeing anything

I don't much remember,it was about 15 years ago. Lots of great looking woods on the area though!

Comment

Have a few friends that hunt around lake fannin. Not much pressure and bow only...good hog POP. As well. I'm trying cooper wma know anything about it?

Comment

Bow season isnt crowded but douring gun season it can get crowded. If its opening day of gun season or Thanksgiving weekend i dont even try and go.

Comment

Fannin Unit

I hunted there last year for the first time. Not many people there at all. Last year I was the only person camiping at the camp sites when I wnet. Seen quite a few bucks but under the 13 inch spread requirement. Seen alot of hog sign but nver seen any. I will be hunting there again this year.

Comment

Thanks guys sounds like i will be trying it out this year. Go scouting this spring/summer

Comment

Killed a few hogs out there, seen lot of doe never any bucks myself

Comment

Last year, I didn't see many pigs, and not a lot of sign, unlike the previous seasons where I saw plenty of pigs and tons of sign. I'm wondering if the drought last season pushed them around. Dear sign is ok. Biggest buck I saw was big bodied but narrow short antlers. Plenty of doe. Saw several coyotes as well.

Comment

Working...
                      X