Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Bowhunting Reports

Old 10-01-2011, 05:51 PM   #1
Coach W
Banned!!!

Hunt In: Dickens, Kent
Default And Here's Whats Happening in Your Neck of the Woods

Simple thread:
Post up where your hunting and what your seeing/killing. Roker style!

I will start. Hall county. This morn I set and watched my bachelor group of 5 bucks. They ate almost all the corn, I leaned over to see where they were going and my chair squeeked so loud they bolted! Mr big is still nocturnal so pigs are hitting the main menu this eve.

Right now its so dang windy Im hiding in the rifle blind! Will get down when it calms a touch.
Coach W is offline   Back To The Top
Old 10-01-2011, 06:06 PM   #2
JGreen31
Ten Point

Hunt In: Medina and LaSalle Counties

or In Medina County. Saw two average eights and some doe. I did shoot a Turkey about 9:00 am to break the ice. Back on stand and maybe a biggun will show up.

Last edited by JGreen31; 10-01-2011 at 06:08 PM.
JGreen31 is offline   Back To The Top
Old 10-01-2011, 06:12 PM   #3
texcop153
Six Point

Hunt In: Harris Co., Liberty Co., Hill Co., Bosque Co. Nacogdoches Co.,

Setting listening to neighbors kids ride the fence. Crows squirrels cranes in the river. No deer yet. Hope that kid gets a flat or runs out of gas.

Sent from my SCH-I400 using Tapatalk
texcop153 is offline   Back To The Top
Old 10-01-2011, 06:14 PM   #4
youngbuc
Ten Point

Hunt In: Childress & Hall Counties

Quote:
Originally Posted by texcop153 View Post
Setting listening to neighbors kids ride the fence. Crows squirrels cranes in the river. No deer yet. Hope that kid gets a flat or runs out of gas.

Thats funny... We are in hall county seeing nada but some quail, but coons and pigs should be here soon.lol

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
youngbuc is offline   Back To The Top
Old 10-01-2011, 06:19 PM   #5
JohnS
Ten Point

Hunt In: leon county, and anywhere else im allowed

Leon county, nothin so far but a armadillo. This mornin had alittle six until a yote scared him and everythin else off
JohnS is offline   Back To The Top
Old 10-01-2011, 06:19 PM   #6
Shake N' Bake
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Where ever im invited

Denton county.. Seeing alot if does on the TC but holding out for something that will make the AR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Shake N' Bake is offline   Back To The Top
Old 10-01-2011, 06:23 PM   #7
Coach W
Banned!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by texcop153 View Post

Ha ha thats funny. ITS WWIII over here!

My neighbors are now using their deer lease as a firing range since 4pm this afternoon. They started out with pistols but are now onto shotguns! I guess not everybody bow hunts. But they know Im here hunting sure would be nice if they quit blasting!!! Getting closer and closer to that magic hour! Hope my hunts not ruined.
Old 10-01-2011, 06:36 PM   #8
Mr. Whiskers
Pope & Young

Hunt In: South Texas

Not much happening in Waller county. 13-14" 8 pt, squirrels and rabbits.
Mr. Whiskers is offline   Back To The Top
Old 10-01-2011, 06:39 PM   #9
Tbone2227
Ten Point

Hunt In: Whitney COE, Bosque Co., South Texas, Wherever you invite me, I'm not picky

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGreen31 View Post
or In Medina County. Saw two average eights and some doe. I did shoot a Turkey about 9:00 am to break the ice. Back on stand and maybe a biggun will show up.
Nice

Nice
Tbone2227 is offline   Back To The Top
Old 10-01-2011, 06:40 PM   #10
Tbone2227
Ten Point

Hunt In: Whitney COE, Bosque Co., South Texas, Wherever you invite me, I'm not picky

Not seeing anything yet but they will be here
Tbone2227 is offline   Back To The Top
Old 10-01-2011, 07:22 PM   #11
texcop153
Six Point

Hunt In: Harris Co., Liberty Co., Hill Co., Bosque Co. Nacogdoches Co.,

Still nothing but squirrels and two otters in the river. I'm going to set after dark just for grins. I here a madiache band to the east.

texcop153 is offline   Back To The Top
Old 10-01-2011, 08:03 PM   #12
Leon County Slayer
Associate Sponsor

Hunt In: Camo (Leon County) - Knifemaker<><

Leon county - nothing - should be squirrel hunting instead - checked trail cam from last week and got pics of doe, buck, hog, coyote and a fox - nice mix
Leon County Slayer is offline   Back To The Top
Old 10-01-2011, 08:15 PM   #13
nathank
Ten Point

Hunt In: Panola County

Well hunted this moring by myself one squirrel that if I could have got a shot at I would have stuck him but, he was sitting in my feeder eating!! Tonight I got the great pleasure of taking my 5 year old hunting for the first time!!! We got in the ameristep at 3:30 and made all the way to 5. Then he was done. I had the greatest time of my life sitting the stand with my son!!! Then he leaned over and asked "dad whenever you go hunting can I go with you? I wake up really easy if you want to wake me up in the morning!" So gonna try it agian the morning and I hope we get to see something!! Sorry long post for an easy question but, I was so dong happy I had to tell some one!!! Sorry forgot to say Panola County
nathank is offline   Back To The Top
Old 10-01-2011, 09:38 PM   #14
nathank
Ten Point

Hunt In: Panola County

ttt
nathank is offline   Back To The Top
Old 10-02-2011, 04:54 AM   #15
Coach W
Banned!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathank View Post
Well hunted this moring by myself one squirrel that if I could have got a shot at I would have stuck him but, he was sitting in my feeder eating!! Tonight I got the great pleasure of taking my 5 year old hunting for the first time!!! We got in the ameristep at 3:30 and made all the way to 5. Then he was done. I had the greatest time of my life sitting the stand with my son!!! Then he leaned over and asked "dad whenever you go hunting can I go with you? I wake up really easy if you want to wake me up in the morning!" So gonna try it agian the morning and I hope we get to see something!! Sorry long post for an easy question but, I was so dong happy I had to tell some one!!! Sorry forgot to say Panola County
Thats awesome! Cant wait to get my son in the blind!

Tapatalk rocks!!
Old 10-02-2011, 06:05 AM   #16
SOTXBOWHUNTER
Ten Point

Hunt In: STARR & DUVAL CO.

At work. So I'm not seeing much sux. Good luck
SOTXBOWHUNTER is offline   Back To The Top
Old 10-02-2011, 06:59 AM   #17
mgbuff
Ten Point

Hunt In: Deweyville/Columbus

brazoria county here. not hunting today my brother meateater saw a young 8 and young 4 yesterday he is giving it a go right now.i missed a boar yesterday then he ended up charging at me on the walk out!
mgbuff is offline   Back To The Top
Old 10-02-2011, 07:06 AM   #18
Storm
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Lake Whitney

In Oklahoma nothing doing here
Storm is online now   Back To The Top
Old 10-02-2011, 12:31 PM   #19
Coach W
Banned!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgbuff View Post
brazoria county here. not hunting today my brother meateater saw a young 8 and young 4 yesterday he is giving it a go right now.i missed a boar yesterday then he ended up charging at me on the walk out!
Scary stuff right there!

My #1 deer is still nocturnal. So I hunted my other place. I ended up pig hunting ALL last night. Check out my other thread for LDP's

Tapatalk rocks!!
Old 10-02-2011, 12:38 PM   #20
Nitro1970
Ten Point

Hunt In: Newton Co & Trinity Co

Nothing but crows on my place in Trinity Co.

Thinking seriously of heading to Academy for a light weight climber and hitting some of the National Forest. Surely I can get far enough in there I can't here the neighbors talking or smell their breakfast
Nitro1970 is offline   Back To The Top
Old 10-02-2011, 12:38 PM   #21
Coach W
Banned!!!

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...d.php?t=238195

Crazy fun!
Old 10-02-2011, 05:40 PM   #22
jrad1967
Six Point

Hunt In: cass,smith co.

i got to hunt yesterday morn and even saw deer ! first came a buck at about 60yds in through. i grunted but he didn't even flinch. then an hour later a doe HERD worked their way through a dry swamp at about 80 yds. i was hoping they would meander to my salt lick but the two biggest does DECIDED TO START BOXING !!!!!! it was the craziest thing i ever saw after standing up and smacking each other in the head for 3 rounds they started moving away and pulled their 3 youngsters with them. right behind them were another doe/fawn . dand wind changed on me and they got a whiff and bolted ! good opening day though in my opinion. just let them try that within 30 yds !!!!
jrad1967 is offline   Back To The Top
Old 10-02-2011, 06:03 PM   #23
LennyWayne
Six Point

Hunt In: DeQueen, AR

4 of us are hunting in Grapeland TX....we have not seen very much at all.

I shot a doe yesterday evening, but I made a bad shot, and feel terrible about it. The moment I released my arrow, one of the doe that was walking behind her, stepped on a deadfall that caused a branch to fall (super windy), just as I released - she lurched forward - and it appeared that I hit her right behind her lungs.

I crawled though the trees for 2 hours, until she finally stopped bleeding, but never found her. That is the first deer to have ever lost.

I was so mad at myself, I dreamed about it last night.

HOURS and HOURS of practice leading up to the moment, and now I am so very disappointed in not making a clean kill.
LennyWayne is offline   Back To The Top
Old 10-03-2011, 11:16 AM   #24
OldRiverRat
Ten Point

Hunt In: Navarro County

Deer are chasing does in Liberty county. I shot an 8pt Saturday evening and my Brother in law shot an 8pt Sunday evening.
OldRiverRat is offline   Back To The Top
Old 10-03-2011, 01:00 PM   #25
TxouT
Ten Point

Hunt In: Brazos and Madison Counties

I hunted Sat & Sun mornings in Marion Co. Saw some good does and a spike, but I wasn't able to get off a shot at any of them. They showed no interest in corn, the acorn crop seems to be better than I anticipated.
TxouT is offline   Back To The Top
Old 10-03-2011, 01:32 PM   #26
Bullydog
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Grayson / Throckmorton

Grayson Co... Hunted Sat/Sun... Could have killed 5 does. Cant talk about what else I saw, it was to dang far away to get a shot.

Leaving for South Texas on friday for an invite hunt with my middle son. Landowner needs a ton of does gone asap. Really looking forward to that.

Gonna head out of work shortly to get back on the stand at the house tonight, to hopefully see that thing I cant talk about again. Not that Ive actually seen anyting...
Bullydog is offline   Back To The Top
Old 10-03-2011, 04:19 PM   #27
Zookeeper
Ten Point

Hunt In: LOOKING

I don't know how it is else where but for the past couple of days in Sansaba I sat and watched a ton of deer and not one was worth shooting. The lack of rain has left the deer in very poor shape. I saw several does that in any other year would of been shooters but this year they are so skinny. You can count there ribs and see there hip bones, sad indeed.
Saw quite a few 6 month old spikes and nubb'ns along with 3 late spotted fawns, Did not see a single branch antlered buck.
I am afraid that with out some rain soon we are going to be in for a winter die off.
The pigs we saw seemed to be in just as bad of shape. We killed a couple that basicly had no hams or back strap to speak of.
Zookeeper is offline   Back To The Top
Old 10-03-2011, 04:30 PM   #28
manwitaplan
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zookeeper View Post
I don't know how it is else where but for the past couple of days in Sansaba I sat and watched a ton of deer and not one was worth shooting. The lack of rain has left the deer in very poor shape. I saw several does that in any other year would of been shooters but this year they are so skinny. You can count there ribs and see there hip bones, sad indeed.
Saw quite a few 6 month old spikes and nubb'ns along with 3 late spotted fawns, Did not see a single branch antlered buck.
I am afraid that with out some rain soon we are going to be in for a winter die off.
The pigs we saw seemed to be in just as bad of shape. We killed a couple that basicly had no hams or back strap to speak of.
Same exact report from my uncle in San Saba. Said they all look like baby deer. He is very concerned. Now they did kill 2 pigs and he said they were fat and happy. Go figure.

Manwitaplan
manwitaplan is offline   Back To The Top