Outdoor Kitchen Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dpatterson1976 View Post
    Baseball Season is killing my progress on the Outdoor Kitchen!

However, we did play at the facility in Franklin, TX and it was top notch! Very nice place if you are looking to play anywhere different.

Hope to get back to work later this week and post some progress Pics.

dp

That's looking great!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
      I drove by the park a few years ago.....I was absolutely amazed at that facility out in the middle of nowhere. All that natural gas revenue has made a huge impact on that community.
      Someone was telling us that 300 Million was donated to Franklin ISD, which is who owns the baseball fields we were playing on.

Just down the road was the Franklin ISD AG Barn. It was massive as well.

Not sure the validity of the story but someone had to turn loose of some money because they spent a ton of it.

dp

Comment

Looking great

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Saggy View Post
          That's looking great!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
          Thank you sir! Hows everything going in your world?

Hope you are doing well.

dp

Comment

Originally posted by dpatterson1976 View Post
            Someone was telling us that 300 Million was donated to Franklin ISD, which is who owns the baseball fields we were playing on.

Just down the road was the Franklin ISD AG Barn. It was massive as well.

Not sure the validity of the story but someone had to turn loose of some money because they spent a ton of it.

dp
            I live right down from there and my mother in law is just across the street from it. The ranch is nice. A LOT of money was spent on it. I have no clue on exacts but the dirt work alone was nuts but that facility is great for the community and the ball fields are booked for years for select tournaments.

The ag barn was just recently finished. Still have not gone through it yet and it is next door to my In-laws. But yes there are some awesome facilities here in franklin due in part of the oil/gas revenue.

Comment

Too cool!

Comment

Got to work on the kitchen today. All the tile is up.

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users like dpatterson1976.

Comment

Finally back to a computer where I can upload pics here.

Got the tile and some rock done this weekend. Should have the remainder completed by this coming weekend.

Comment

Good Lord man, that ain't no outdoor kitchen! That's a 5-star restaurant kitchen! Put up some tables by the pool/deck, and hang a sign! That's first class!!

Comment

Got to spend a little time on the Outdoor Kitchen again. I am ready to finish this thing.

All of the plumbing is complete, including the gas to the grill.

Most of the rock work is done. There are a few places I need to go back and grout.

This is how I am going to frame out my storage holes. I will make doors out of the same tongue and groove wood used everywhere else.

Comment

Looking mighty fine, Danielson, although you’ve been slacking!

Comment

I have been slacking! Chasing these kids is making it hard to finish up.

Comment

nicely done. Wish I had the skills to build this.

Comment

My 14yr old (Carter) and I built the bar top for the outdoor kitchen Sunday afternoon. We put it in place so momma could see. Its 96"x35" total.

Good straight cedar has been hard to come by lately that doesnt cost a ton. I used 6 2x6x8 pieces to create the top. Glued them on the edges and clamped them together. Sanded the top to smooth it out some but left some character. Flipped it over and glued and screwed a piece of 3/4" plywood to the underside then wrapped the edges in 2x4 cedar. This thing is heavy as all get out which is exactly what I wanted.

I have it sitting on top of the granite counter top so I dont have to deal with a transition point (crack) from the granite to the cedar. This also gives an elevation change which looks good in person. Bar top is high enough to stand at or sit at on a bar stool.

Carter wants to build an X Brace style leg out of the rough cedar. I think that would look good. Might get a little creative with it. Throw some stain and sealer on it and we can call that part done! Then I can finish the stone that comes up on the outside.

Last edited by dpatterson1976; 08-27-2018, 07:49 AM.

Comment

Got the table top construction completed. Just need to stain and seal it.

Comment

Working...
                                X