No announcement yet.

Good book to read?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just found some copies of the book my great grandpa wrote called We Homesteaded. It’s about their journey of establishing a logging camp in northern Minnesota when the family came over from Ireland. Even if it wasn’t my family history I think it’s interesting, people back then were way more ****** than I am

Also found the book he wrote and never published about his friendships with the local Indian tribe and being their translator

Comment

Prey Series books by John Sandford

Comment

Just finished The Revenant.. Pretty dang good, never saw the movie but I like the story in the book

Comment

Undaunted Courage by Stephen Ambrose about the Lewis and Clark Expedition. JCG posted The Big Sky by A.B. Guthrie. I had to read that in college and could not put it down.

Comment

I love a good book and I read several books last year

Comment

BEHIND NAZI LINES - My Father's Heroic Quest to Save 149 World War II POWs by Andrew Gerow Hodges
              Good, easy to read book you will not put down until you are finished. Multiple characters but easy to follow.

Vicksburg 1863 - Winston Groom

It has been awhile since I read this one but it is an excellent book. Definitely put this one down several times because it is a big book and lots of detail.

A Storm in Flanders - The Ypres Salient, 1914-1918 by Winston Groom

Just getting started with this one.

Comment

Blood and Thunder by Hampton Sides is fantastic. Reading it right now...

Comment

I love Dean Koontz, but I read One Second After by William R. Forstchen a few weeks ago and REALLY enjoyed it. It's scary and will make you think about our national (& your personal) preparedness for natural and unnatural disasters.

Comment

Shadow Divers by Robert Kurson

Amazing true story of the guys that found a u boat 60 miles off New Jersey in 230 feet of water in 1981.
                    Lost 3 divers over the years it took to identify it....................

Comment

Originally posted by 76aggie View Post
                      A fairly new novel is loosely related to traditional archery. The book is At First Light by Sandy Harris. Mystery novel based on three guys being killed in a southern deer hunting camp. It is an easy read and well written by the author. I highly recommend it. Sandy is a traditional bowhunter.

A couple of other guys have mentioned The Big Sky by A.B. Guthrie. When I was a freshman at A&M it was assigned reading in a English class. I could not put it down when I started reading it. It remains one of the best books I have ever read. A young man moves west and becomes a trapper and mountain man. Great read.
                      Thanks - - Great fun read..................

Comment

Originally posted by Masmak View Post
                        Prey Series books by John Sandford
                        Down loading book 1

Comment

Originally posted by Buckley99 View Post
                          Probably my all time favorite, excluding THE book.
                          I want to add (Killers of the flower moon) to this list

Comment

Two great books "As Texas As It Gets" by Bob Ramsey. Bob was a real pioneer in hunting Texas. You rattle antlers because he taught hunters the art of rattling. Also a great history of south Texas is "The Indian Fighters" by A.J. Sowell. This is a series of biological interviews from some of the first settlers (and heros) ot Texas. Great read.

Comment

Anything written by Elmer Kelton or Richard Wheeler. Wheeler’s book “The Battle of Suribachi” is one of my favorites. He was a marine and was there when the marines hoisted the flag in that famous picture. His other books are all awesome.

Comment

All 4 of the lonesome dove series...can’t go wrong with those. Recently read The Big Rich. All about Texas oil tycoons from the beginning. Murchisons, hunt, cullin, and Sid Richardson (now the bass family). One of the most interesting reads I have had in a long time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X