I'm bummed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm bummed

I had planned on taking my grandson hunting this weekend but his report card came out and my daughter says he ain't going anywhere for a while.

Stinks... But gotta agree w/ momma on this one

Comment

I do agree with her but I was sure looking forward to us sitting in the stand just enjoying being outside.

Comment

Originally posted by steve corn View Post
        I do agree with her but I was sure looking forward to us sitting in the stand just enjoying being outside.
        This is one of those times it feels like your being punished too! I have to agree with momma though.

Comment

I'm bummed

I don’t think punishing grandpa and costing memories both will cherish the rest of their lives is the answer here. Maybe momma should watch his grades the whole period and not have to react to a report card.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That stinks but you gotta side with momma.

Comment

Yep. Mom should have been more involved. Schools send progress reports long before report cards.
              Kids need the time with grandpa anyway.

Comment

It stinks but may that may be what motivates him to do better. I had to ground my daughter opening weekend of archery. She had gotten in trouble at school multiple times for talking and not being prepared. She balled and I felt bad. However she hasnt gotten in trouble since so hopefully that did the trick.

Comment

Maybe have a talk with him about how important a good education is.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
                    I don’t think punishing grandpa and costing memories both will cherish the rest of their lives is the answer here. Maybe momma should watch his grades the whole period and not have to react to a report card.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    I have to agree with TexasBob , I would punish him in another area. Not by time spent with Grandpa. Maybe Grandpa can talk to momma and promise to talk with grandson on the importance of school. But I agree also momma should’ve stayed on top of the grades also. Good Luck
                    Last edited by HotRod Hunter; 11-17-2017, 06:38 AM.

Comment

Sucks but momma is boss, and no pass no play. I have dealt with it with my kids.

On another note, I cant believe some would put the blame on momma....sigh....

Comment

Tell her that not many things can straighten a kid out than time with their grandpa. I looked up to my grandpa more than anyone else on this Earth and if he had taken me hunting and given me a real talk about how important grades and school were then you better bet you bottom dollar I would have taken it as the gospel. I think she is missing a really good opportunity to help him understand the importance of the situation. Have a talk with her and then with your grandson.

Comment

Oorrrrr call the mom and congratulate her for teaching an important life lesson, that the work must be done before you can play. And call the kid and hammer it home. To get what you want, to do what you want, you must get your work done. His whole life will work that way and this is a good time to learn it. Life will be much better and easier with that lesson learned early.

Comment

I am not saying that mom is wrong. Especially if his grades were lacking beforehand and they have already had a talk. But sometimes you have to explain and teach a lesson before you can just expect results. I don't know the whole situation, just had a suggestion on how I would have reacted when I was a kid and if my grandpa would have had a talk with me about something.

Comment

Originally posted by RockTippedStick View Post
                              I am not saying that mom is wrong. Especially if his grades were lacking beforehand and they have already had a talk. But sometimes you have to explain and teach a lesson before you can just expect results. I don't know the whole situation, just had a suggestion on how I would have reacted when I was a kid and if my grandpa would have had a talk with me about something.
                              Initially I quoted your post but then re-read it and realized you werent saying mom was wrong, so I edited it so it didnt appear as if I was directing my comments specifically at you.

Comment

Working...
                              X