No announcement yet.

Kidney stone tips? Tricks? Anything!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

after having 6 in 12yrs an old country Dr told me to drink a beer a day. I obliged and have not had one in 11yrs(thank goodness)

Comment

Got one right now. I don't get back or stomach pain, just stinging in my member.

Comment

I've had 4, all too large to pass without removal or being broken up. The first one they went in and removed it. The first pee after that was excruciating. The other 3 were broken up with ultrasound then passed in a bunch of pieces. Luckily it has been a little over 10 years since I have had one. I do not envy anyone who gets them. The pain is worse than anything I have felt and I ruptured 2 bicep tendons (not at the same time) and have had 3 back surgeries.

Comment

too young...smoking and not enough water is your likely cause

Comment

Welcome to the CLUB! I started having them at age 25. First one, I crawled around on my knees in the Dr office and eventually asked the wife to go to the car and get my gun. Well shortly there after I was given a shot of Demerol and I forgot about it for a few minutes.
            That was in 1985. I had them every 4 years afterwards and always in my left side. Then in 2007 I was offshore fishing 8-10 trips a month and was drinking Gatorade. I developed 7 stones in 2007. 4 passed naturally, 2 were crushed my lipotripsy and 1 by laser. I quit drinking Gatorade and no more stones in 10 years. Cross your fingers.

Recommendations: Drink Cranberry Juice, not cocktail. Drink a lot of water. IF you have a script of flomax, it will dilate your ureter and encourage it to pass. Lastly, think about what might be your trigger, whether it be food, drink or vitamins. You can have the doc to send off the stone to see is its a calcium or uric acid stone. Calcium stones are hard and like burrs or star burst and Uric acid stones are soft and cannot be blown up. I heard that most ladies who have had stones would much rather experience multiple childbirths rather than have kidney stones.
            I told the doctor I was saving mine to make my wife a new necklace, HAHAHAH eye roll
            Last edited by eagle1tx; 09-18-2017, 11:14 AM.

Comment

This is the cranberry juice my doctor told me to drink. He said to drink it at night right before you go to bed so it can sit in your kidneys and bladder all night and let the acid do the work. It is pure CB juice with no sugar added. It tastes like *** and I basically had to slam 8-10 ounce of it each night to get it down but it seemed to work. They all came out a few days after i started it.

Comment

apple cider vinegar to releave the pain and it dialates the excretory system. Drink lots of water. So much that you think your drowning then drink another liter

Hold urine till your teeth start hurting, then let it rip.

Good luck. My biggest was 29mm. I have had 4 surgeries.

Comment

29mm...that's more than an inch. I didn't know they got that big.

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                    too young...smoking and not enough water is your likely cause
                    I quit smoking 6 months ago, not sure if that could still be the cause, I also work construction and pack a cooler full of ice water everyday and drink at least 5-6 bottles every day, but I also sweat a lot. Urologist said they could be cause by consuming too much salt and I believe that could be the cause.

Comment

Urologist said I have another one coming

Comment

Originally posted by SwineAssassiN View Post
                        I quit smoking 6 months ago, not sure if that could still be the cause, I also work construction and pack a cooler full of ice water everyday and drink at least 5-6 bottles every day, but I also sweat a lot. Urologist said they could be cause by consuming too much salt and I believe that could be the cause.
                        I would double up on water consumption

Comment

Had them twice. Tums did me in also with powdered Tea. No more Tums, No more powdered Tea. Only brewed sweet tea now. Going easy on the HOT sauce. Plenty of water and cranberry juice have kept them away for 8 years now.
                          Hope you don't need a stent. Then the FUN begins
                          Good Luck.

Comment

The hot water bath causes your urinary track to dilate letting the stone move and lessen the pain. Drink plenty of water and hot baths as hot as you can stand.
                            In the future drink enough water with lemon to make your pee very pale yellow to clear is what my urologist told me and should be fine. The pain is when stone drops into the minor calyx then major calyx to renal pelvis and through ureter to blander. Once in the bladder the pains over.

I did have one as big as the end of your pinky finger that they had to break up with lithotripsy once and it was like peeing beach sand out after the procedure. This is the only time I had pain when the last part of the trip out a large segment got lodged on the way out of the bladder!! Drank a gallon of water in about 5 minutes to help the process cause it was very uncomfortable.

Comment

Had my first one at 15 years old. Worst pain of my life but when I passed it I never felt it. Dr told me too many cokes. Crazy after that I can feel when I've not drank enough water. Once I was 21 old man told me beer helps keeps your kidneys flushed and I haven't had one in 8 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X