X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cold not heat.

Comment

Originally posted by Diamond S View Post
      So ice is better than heat? Ok, well I will try that and see what happens. Seems just the opposite. seems the cold will make everything contract not relax like the heat. I have been wrong before.

Heat loosens up the muscles that support that disc, ice contracts them plus numbs the pain somewhat. When my back was out of whack the ice did a world of good, had ice packs in the freezer rotating out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I would just keep getting as many differing opinions from TBH as possible, then go see a Dr. and get a confirming diagnosis! No, really- go see a competent physician.

Comment

Originally posted by boy wonder View Post
          I would just keep getting as many differing opinions from TBH as possible, then go see a Dr. and get a confirming diagnosis! No, really- go see a competent physician.

Comment

Is that the side you normally carry your wallet on? It might be the siatic nerve, stop carring it for a few days and see if it subsides.

Comment

Get an MRI to rule out structural issues. Mine showed nothing which the DR told me it was muscular. So chiro and exercise helped me out but there is always thst pain in my mind that makes me act my age when it comes to lifting or moving things. Getting older is not for sissys. DR told me thst our whole life we do all these small injuries and they heal up but the scar is there and one day you just move the wrong way and it tears and down you go. Mine happened fishing , went to get a shrimp from the live well and went to the floor. It was a fun boat ride back in.

Comment

If my back hurt as bad as you say yours does and for more than a few hours I would be calling docs, not jacking around on a hunting forum asking for opinions

But that is just me

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
                  Ortho
                  Fify. Sounds like a slipped disc to me.

Comment

I did not read thru all the replies. Back around 96, I hurt my back. At times I could barely walk. Felt like I was walking on a broken ankle. I went to 5 different doctors, had a MRI, and months of therapy. Only thing it did was ease the pain to where it was just bearable. This went on for a year and a half.
                    Wife bought me a gift certificate for Fathers Day for a one hr. massage. Before the massage, the lady asked me if I ever had any back problems and I spent the next 15 min. explaining what I've been thru. She went to work on me and after the next couple of days, I was doing things I hadn't done in a long time. Long story short, I've been pain free since. One of the doctors told me I probably relaxed enough that what ever was putting pressure on that nerve, slipped back where it was supposed to be.
                    Go get a full body massage!!

Comment

rub some dirt on it and get out there!

Really, if getting nautious, sick, or dizzy,

GO TO DOCTOR!

Comment

Your just thinking of the muscles. If your back is just tight from sore muscles then yes heat but if you have actual pain then yes ice. The pain your describing comes from nerve pain. If you have pain and your back is tight it's because your body is trying to correct itself. If you have nerve pain then use ice, if you just have tight muscles then heat is ok. Heat doesn't reduce inflammation it makes it worse.
                        It's not instant nothing that will actually get rid of the pain will be at this point. Give it a try for a day or two and the inflammation on the nerves will decreases then you will actually start to feel better.

Comment

Thanks everyone, after the ice/heat thing I was able to cook supper last night. However, this morning I am back up to about a 6. I have a pretty high pain tolerance, but I think after today if I am still hurting I will break down and go see a doctor. I just hate the run around you get from them. I know they are going to want to x-ray, well ok but that is not going to show muscle/disc damage, then have to wait a few days for an MRI, by that time I may feel better and not go. Sorry that is just me not liking going to doctors for that reason. It seems I have had back problems for all my life, and they are not fun, but usually after a couple of days I am fine and right back in the game. This time may be the exception, I may have to admit I am getting old and that I need to start thinking things thru before I just jump in and do them.

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                            If my back hurt as bad as you say yours does and for more than a few hours I would be calling docs, not jacking around on a hunting forum asking for opinions

But that is just me
                            Noted, and yes, it hurts that bad. I am just a hard headed sob that refuses to admit defeat..... always have been. That might be why I am in the shape I am in now

Comment

Originally posted by whitetailfanatic View Post
                              rub some dirt on it and get out there!

Really, if getting nautious, sick, or dizzy,

GO TO DOCTOR!
                              Same thing my HS coach used to tell us. That or he would ask if we were breathing, then say well get up and get back in there.

Comment

Originally posted by Boomer57 View Post
                                Is that the side you normally carry your wallet on? It might be the siatic nerve, stop carring it for a few days and see if it subsides.
                                Carry my wallet in my front pocket, a little trick I learned south of the boarder back in the day.

Comment

Working...
                                X