Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening.
Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Best time to buy used bows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best time to buy used bows

Hello Green Screeners,
    Last year was my first bowhunting and I absolutely loved it. I used my brother's PSE Scorpion 70lb (i think its '05) and killed my first deer.
    So, I'm looking at buying my own bow so we could possibly hunt together and was wondering what time of year is the best for prices on USED bows?
    Thanks

time it when the year bows come out, thats when people are getting rid of their gear. Shouldnt have any issue.

Are you against buying used from a pro shop? Also, what brand are you looking for?

Comment

Well what time of the year do they come out? I'd like a PSE and yeah my experience with pro shops isnt the best. I know I will get a better deal online plus there aren't any pro shops out here worth a crap...or so ive been told/experienced.

Comment

I live in the Midland/Odessa area.

Comment

i had to give up shooting due to shoiulder injuries i have an older bow that i am looking to get rid of i can txt u some pics of it if you are interested

Comment

Yeah, I'll check it out. PM sent
            THanks

Comment

I believe PSE releases their new bows in october, Mathews comes out in november

Comment

If u aren't opposed to buying online, checkout archerytalk.com - great deals to be found.

Comment

I don't think there is really any specific best time to buy a used bow. People get the new bow itch year round. Keep a eye out on archerytalk, always good deals around there. You should be able to find newer model PSE pretty easily! Good luck

Comment

Unless you are very knowledgeable about bows or know somebody that is to help, I'd really suggest you find a good pro shop that carries several different brands to help you with your new addiction and finding the right bow for you. What works for me or your friends might not work for you.

Comment

Working...
                    X