No announcement yet.

Is this enough cover for a tripod?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it’ll be a good spot. I’d set up the tripod behind the tree so your looking through this v. If your having issues with being picked off, you can use the tree and add burlap/camo netting or put additional limbs in front and around you

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8528.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	264.8 KB
ID:	24567496

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by kd350 View Post
      I think it’ll be a good spot. I’d set up the tripod behind the tree so your looking through this v. If your having issues with being picked off, you can use the tree and add burlap/camo netting or put additional limbs in front and around you

[ATTACH]942057[/ATTACH]

That’s where I’d try and set up too. You have way more than enough cover. Like others have said move slowly and sit still

Comment

you'll be ok.

Comment

Originally posted by kd350 View Post

[ATTACH]942057[/ATTACH]

Dude that's 5 ft off the ground. Get higher. Use a hang on treestand then you can have more cover options. Don't approach it as "good enough". When that first deer shows up you will feel as naked as a new born baby.

Comment

The only time you may have an issue is if you have a whole bunch of deer at the feeder at once. It may be slightly more challenging, but I think you'd be fine.

Comment

Just bring in a bunch of extra brush to tie up behind and in front and you should be good to go.

Comment

I agree with lovemylegacy, get higher! The further up the better as long as there is cover. Maybe you an even put your tripod together in the tree where the legs are on opposite sides of the trunk and get tucked up in there.

Comment

Instead of cutting limbs, use rope to tie them off or to bring them in for additional cover. That way you keep the greenery and don't have to cut as many branches. Cover your backdrop with camo netting or burlap. Position your tripod so you have a way to rest your feet and legs on a limb as opposed to just the little ladder.

Comment

Put a loc on stand as high as you need for good cover and a good shot. I’ve had good success using one with tree branches behind to break up your silhouette and a few branches in front to conceal your movement.

Comment

I could bury a tripod in that tree. You can literally assemble the tripod around the trunk and get the seat positioned right in the middle of the tree. Hand corn where you want the deer to be. Don't let the location of the feeder dictate where you think they'll be for a shot. Lead them where you want them.

Comment

Originally posted by bowmansdad View Post
                        Put a loc on stand as high as you need for good cover and a good shot. I’ve had good success using one with tree branches behind to break up your silhouette and a few branches in front to conceal your movement.
                        This is the best option in my opinion. Least intrusive and you can vary your height. If they are wary or see you then you can always move it higher. Less work than brushing in a pop up adequately. There's not a lot of cover there to begin with.

Comment

That would work well.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                            X