No announcement yet.

Humminbird vs Lowrance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have Lowrance units now and I was looking at the Hook 9 as a mapping unit only, it is true, bigger is better, lol.

Anyway, I have heard that the Hook units are the easiest to operate out of the box now. Kind of dummy proof if you will, very simple plug and play set up.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
      Lowarance has a better picture but bird is easier to navigate

I'm gonna say just the opposite!! I would save till you could at least afford a 7" screen. Also SI would be a plus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
        I'm gonna say just the opposite!! I would save till you could at least afford a 7" screen. Also SI would be a plus.

You got older eyes

I have the Lowrance hds 12 Gen 2. I went from a hummingbird 1198 to it. I get a better picture than I did with the 1198. It really is a personal preference. Caught a ton of stripers and whites with both.

Comment

I’m a helix fan

Comment

If you can buy that Humminbird Mega that's the one you should buy I got Garmin on mine and they're okay

Comment

I think this one might be the winner. Covers everything I need it for. Navionics compatibles, gps and down imaging. I don’t really see a need for side imaging as I fish the matagorda area 95% of the time. I will fish Conroe and Livingston from time to time.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                I think this one might be the winner. Covers everything I need it for. Navionics compatibles, gps and down imaging. I don’t really see a need for side imaging as I fish the matagorda area 95% of the time. I will fish Conroe and Livingston from time to time.

This is the exact model I have. You will like it!

Comment

There ya go

Comment

Lowrance has a better traditional sonar but hummingbird has cane a lot ways on everything else. There is nothing out that compares to hummingbirds mega units. The SI and DI is wild. The GPS on birds are better also, every lowrance I’ve been on doesn’t know exactly what direction your facing if sitting still.

Comment

how would this one work for the bays ? Buddy gave it to me as he doesn't need it. Never been opened. Won it in a tournament.

Comment

Comment

Humminbird vs Lowrance

Originally posted by Breezy View Post

Should work just fine, I would think.

It has the side imaging which I don’t think is necessary for bay fishing, but I like the down imaging.

I need friends like you have that just give cool stuff away.

And if he doesn’t work for you, maybe we can make a deal on it.

Last edited by Mayhem; 06-14-2018, 03:10 PM.

Comment

I have a Lowrance Hook 7, Humminbird Helix 7 SI, and a Garmin 73SV on my boat. Everyone does something better than the others but if I could have just one I would take the Garmin but I do like Navionics which Garmin recently acquired

Comment

Originally posted by Breezy View Post

Sell it to OP!

Comment

Go Humminbird helix 9 mega!
                                Lowrance can’t touch it...

Comment

Working...
                                X