No announcement yet.

Oysters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

half shell on ice, raw with lemon wedges, horse radish , saltine crackers and cocktail sauce

Comment

Originally posted by Lethal Injection View Post
      Either Monument Inn across the ship channel, Topwater Grill in San Leon or Outriggers in Kemah.
      Thanks L I

Got my oyster fix today at the Monument Inn.

Good groceries. Appreciate the recommendation.

TD

Comment

Got these yesterday on my way in from crabbing East Matagorda
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Mann Eye-Ashley View Post
          I dream about Drago's charbroiled oysters!
          Skip Drago's and get charbroiled at Felix's. You won't be disappointed.

Comment

Originally posted by tigerscowboy View Post
            Raw, fried, and Rockefeller!!!
            This

Comment

Originally posted by Leemo View Post
              Got these yesterday on my way in from crabbing East Matagorda
              Those look good! We picked a few this past weekend but im waiting on family to get down here for Christmas before we pick a lot.

Comment

I cant do it. yall enjoy.

Comment

Originally posted by E.TX.BOWHUNTER View Post
                  Blackened with a cream based creole sauce w/ jalepenos, green onion, and shrimp diced into the sauce.
                  Well i aint never, but this sounds ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC

Comment

Steamed is my favorite, but I'll eat them anyway they're sitting in front of me.

Comment

Charbroiled for me.

Comment

Originally posted by E.TX.BOWHUNTER View Post
                        Blackened with a cream based creole sauce w/ jalepenos, green onion, and shrimp diced into the sauce.
                        Recipe with cooking/preparation directions, please.

Comment

Originally posted by cj7zrcool View Post
                          Recipe with cooking/preparation directions, please.
                          Simple creole sauce: 3 green onions finely chopped. 1/2-1 jalepeno. Cook in 2 Tbs butter. 4 ounces shrimp peeled (crawfish works too) and diced add after 3 minutes of cooking onions and jalepenos. Fold in enough flour to bind everything together. You can add a little more butter here. Add milk or half & half to make a semi thick sauce. Add Tony's to mixture after consistancy is good. 1tsp to 1 Tbsp to taste.

I use Paul Prudhomme's Seafood Magic or Blackening seasoning.
                          Last edited by E.TX.BOWHUNTER; 01-09-2018, 01:31 PM.

Comment

ok, I love oysters, but am now scared to eat them raw because I just read an article where a lady died of a flesh-eating bacteria they believe could have come from her eating raw oysters. Anyone else heard of this?

Comment

Originally posted by Txmusfan View Post
                              ok, I love oysters, but am now scared to eat them raw because I just read an article where a lady died of a flesh-eating bacteria they believe could have come from her eating raw oysters. Anyone else heard of this?
                              She was also reported as wading in brackish water the same day. That's what most likely caused the infection.

Comment

Originally posted by icetrauma View Post
                                She was also reported as wading in brackish water the same day. That's what most likely caused the infection.
                                Thanks. I remember reading that as well, but just wanted some confirmation. Also, are there any other concerns with consuming raw oysters? I tried them for years and never could get one to stay down, but about every 5 years that went by would find me wanting to try them again. About 10 years ago I was successful and I think they are wonderful now!

Comment

Working...
                                X